Topic: punt, ski and ice surface  (Read 3075 times)

甜汤

« on: July 31, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »
I received an assignment about the water folk. I tried to go to the island in early spring, but neither punt nor ski can help because the ice has not melted yet. I have to wait for the ice to dissolve before I can pass? This is too real. (No, it's not true at all!) I couldn't let such a little difficulty hinder me, so I decided to try to use punt and the human body to break the ice(When practicing swimming, I carry a punt relay,  I plan to use punt relay to ride through the ice) I entered the deep water , and the ice broke, I put down the punt and continued to enter the deep water area, repeating this behavior. leaving 15 ice holes。When i repeat this behavior again, I could only use the boat to run back and forth on the broken ice surface, and I could not leave the boat. Go on the other ice, I'm trapped
Fortunately, I brought enough air-dried meat to last until the ice and snow melted
I'm not sure if this is a bug

msglog:the ice prevents you from rowing there

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »
Firstly, I believe you can't perform the ritual (successfully) unless the rock is surrounded by open water.

Secondly, the way to use a watercraft with ice is to smash the ice (using the command to get a drink of water is one way; there's also an explicit command to smash ice, for fishing, I believe). Once you have a hole in the ice you can push your craft there, smash the ice with the paddle for the next tile, paddle there, etc. It's tedious and tiring, but does work.
You can't leave your craft to go onto ice with a paddle in your hand, as that's considered paddling, and the ice blocks you from doing that. You can, however "paddle" up onto land and leave that way.

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 08:17:31 PM »
Firstly, I believe you can't perform the ritual (successfully) unless the rock is surrounded by open water.

Secondly, the way to use a watercraft with ice is to smash the ice (using the command to get a drink of water is one way; there's also an explicit command to smash ice, for fishing, I believe). Once you have a hole in the ice you can push your craft there, smash the ice with the paddle for the next tile, paddle there, etc. It's tedious and tiring, but does work.
You can't leave your craft to go onto ice with a paddle in your hand, as that's considered paddling, and the ice blocks you from doing that. You can, however "paddle" up onto land and leave that way.

You gave me the answer to escape the predicament, but I still have a question. At first I could walk directly to the ice from punt, but then I couldn’t do it again, even if I discard everything。
This is strange. Is it because time has passed that the ice layer has become thinner so that it can no longer possess properties similar to land?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:48:51 AM »
I believe you should only be able to walk out on ice from a punt if it isn't in the water, so, holding no paddle you'd be able to walk over your punt out onto the ice, and it ought to be possible to move from a punt on top of the ice onto the ice as well.

甜汤

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 03:06:18 PM »
I believe you should only be able to walk out on ice from a punt if it isn't in the water, so, holding no paddle you'd be able to walk over your punt out onto the ice, and it ought to be possible to move from a punt on top of the ice onto the ice as well.

I tried and found that I can walk from punt to the ice near the shore, but not from punt to the ice in deep water
This should not be considered a bug