UnReal World > Modding

Generated map image

(1/2) > >>

Night:
Just wanted to share this, was able to generate an image of the game map from data and save it to file, kind of neat to look at.

Landmark key:

TileID | Name |   Color
239 | Village |   Yellow
211 | Settlement |   Light Purple
210 | Fortified Village |   Red
86 | Settlement (2) |   Magenta
31 | Shelter |   Pale Mint
30 | Camp |   Orange-red
60 | Cave |   Brown

Warning: Map is 3073x2049 in size, hold shift to scroll left to right.
Spoiler: show

ineedcords:

--- Quote from: Night on March 23, 2020, 02:40:17 PM ---Just wanted to share this, was able to generate an image of the game map from data and save it to file, kind of neat to look at.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for sharing this. Agreed, pretty neat. Opens up a lot of external possibilities.

In your embedded screenshot, it appears, this completely bypasses the fog of war (FoW), is that bypass, mandatory by nature or optional?
Did you create any open source code on this or alternatively is there any public information/writing on your experiment?

Tinker:
I can see my house there.

Night:

--- Quote from: ineedcords on January 09, 2023, 09:23:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Night on March 23, 2020, 02:40:17 PM ---Just wanted to share this, was able to generate an image of the game map from data and save it to file, kind of neat to look at.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for sharing this. Agreed, pretty neat. Opens up a lot of external possibilities.

In your embedded screenshot, it appears, this completely bypasses the fog of war (FoW), is that bypass, mandatory by nature or optional?
Did you create any open source code on this or alternatively is there any public information/writing on your experiment?

--- End quote ---

Heres the gist of it;

here I'm using memory to read/write the bitmap data.
but you could alternatively pull similar data from the files described here:

According to URW Fandom Wiki - [Playing With UrW Files], WORLD.PLM contains the map with fog of war included.

Possibly in memory somewhere as well.

Also note, completely possible to render the full map tiles (hence storing the file paths). Was working on a prototype in the old URWCharacterMenu, which was more or less a successful proof of concept. -- tried to find an old picture of it, but couldn't :(.

edit: Oh also something i forgot to mention; I get the tile ID's/Path info from debug_ter-tiles.txt, located in the URW folder while you're playing.

edit2: saw your post in suggestions, working on something for it...

ineedcords:

--- Quote from: Night on January 10, 2023, 10:53:13 AM ---Heres the gist of it
<snip>

--- End quote ---
Fantastic! Once again thank you for a fully detailed response.
I will look into the memory method at first chance and will keep an eye out for your potential next utility release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version