Topic: 3.6.1 - Dissappearing Bowls while holding soup  (Read 2840 times)

derek

« on: March 14, 2020, 12:49:01 AM »
So I was hanging out at my lakeside shelter making fish stew and bowls to hold it, when I discovered I couldn't find the bowl I'd just made. I didn't worry too much about it as it was a leaky bowl anyway and had done several other tasks before realizing it and thought i dropped it somewhere accidentally ... but then I came back and made a decent bowl and it was also nowhere to be found.

The only thing that stands out to me as a possible cause is that I had a bowl of soup in my inventory at the time I made the disappearing bowls, perhaps there's some kind of bug associated with holding a bowl of soup while attempting to carve another bowl?

Tom H

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 06:22:20 AM »
Several times I've given a bowl of soup or stew to a Companion and, although I never saw a notice of him eating it, both food and bowl disappeared from his inventory... spooky! heh

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 07:39:57 AM »
Also unrelated: Sacrificing food in a bowl takes the bowl as well. I've got no info regarding the original issue, though.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:45:54 AM »
So I was hanging out at my lakeside shelter making fish stew and bowls to hold it, when I discovered I couldn't find the bowl I'd just made. I didn't worry too much about it as it was a leaky bowl anyway and had done several other tasks before realizing it and thought i dropped it somewhere accidentally ... but then I came back and made a decent bowl and it was also nowhere to be found.

The only thing that stands out to me as a possible cause is that I had a bowl of soup in my inventory at the time I made the disappearing bowls, perhaps there's some kind of bug associated with holding a bowl of soup while attempting to carve another bowl?

Tried to reproduce but it didn't fail for me. I carried bowl of fish soup while making few wooden bowls and they appeared in inventory as they should.
Must be quite a rare condition. You can send me character's savegame from the location where the issue happened and I'll check if I find something.
Also, if this ever happen again the save immediately and send the savegame over to me.
- Sami | UnReal World creator