Topic: transporting heavy objects on wilderness map  (Read 4331 times)

Dogiuks

« on: February 08, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »
Not exactly a bug, but a possible exploit. You can can drop items in the wilderness map and pick up from an adjacent area allowing to transport object heavier that one could otherwise.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »
Could you describe in bit more detail?

Is it like
you drop items on the wilderness map, then move one tile on the wilderness map and pick the items again from adjacent tile. And then by repeating you can transport loads easily on the wilderness map.

This makes things faster, but as characters still shouldn't be able to pick up heavier loads they can carry I guess this could be performed also by moving normally?

Lets think it over when I get a grip of the actual mechanics.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
Well, I don't think you should be able to pick up anything from an adjacent overland map, as that would mean extending your arms 100 meters or so (I haven't even tried). As Sami said, bringing the items up there implies you were able to carry them, and so would be able to move them while carried, but that may be terribly inconvenient in the middle of winter, as you can carry unlimited amounts as long as each thing you pick up is below the limit, and so might have to shed all your clothes and other equipment to actually move with that small elk carcass.

Regardless, it doesn't seem to be a very important issue (although it might allow you to cross ice with burdens you shouldn't be able to carry across, at least not in one go).

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »
Well, I don't think you should be able to pick up anything from an adjacent overland map, as that would mean extending your arms 100 meters or so (I haven't even tried).

Hehe, yes indeed. That's a feat only Mr. Fantastic (from Fantastic Four.) would be able to pull through.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Edico

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
I'll give an example. You want to transport 50 slender tree trunks. Pick up a few at a time until you have 50, zoom out, drop them, move over 1 tile, then pick up again a few at a time.

Maybe don't allow dropping of items on overland map? Or at a minimum disable the get command on overland map. It's probably not really game breaking though

PALU

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 04:11:53 PM »
I've got a use for dropping things on the wilderness map:
1. Corpses of dead Njerps and robbers. I can then see from a distance when it's time to collect their picked clean bones for the trophy collection (a pile of bones out on a single tile skerry in the rapids, out of reach of the dogs).

ineedcords

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 06:54:33 PM »
I've got a use for dropping things on the wilderness map:
1. Corpses of dead Njerps and robbers.<cut>
Another valid use of "drop stuff in wilderness map" function is: drop watercraft and start using it without changing map mode.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

JEB Davis

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
Well, I don't think you should be able to pick up anything from an adjacent overland map, as that would mean extending your arms 100 meters or so (I haven't even tried).

Hehe, yes indeed. That's a feat only Mr. Fantastic (from Fantastic Four.) would be able to pull through.
Or perhaps Inspector Gadget!

I also think dropping items on the world map should continue to be allowed.