Topic: Rope used up  (Read 5372 times)

Zed McJack

« on: January 02, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »
I had a leather rope with lenght of 15ft and made a stone axe that needed 3ft. Now I dont have any rope is it as intented or what?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
Yes, it's currently as designed. If you want to use the minimum length you'll have to cut off a piece of the correct length, else the whole length is used.

Kaleva

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 08:34:43 PM »
Further question, i remember it was clever to smoke 19 pieces of meat at a time with a tying equipment.

After the update with the length of the tying equipment, is it Still adviced?

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 05:28:08 AM »
yes, still the best way.  It will require 10 feet of cordage, the best way is to cut each segment of rope down to 10 ft and this way you can maximize the usage of your cordage.  Otherwise you will spend 15 feet to do what 10 feet could accomplish. It will require less length of cordage if you smoke less meat at a time, but smoking 19 cuts is still the most efficient way.  You will also be able to recover your cordage once the meat is done smoking or drying.

Acolyte

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 05:45:30 AM »
Further question, i remember it was clever to smoke 19 pieces of meat at a time with a tying equipment.

After the update with the length of the tying equipment, is it Still adviced?

Sorry, but no. each foot of rope holds 2 pieces of meat now. A full 15ft cord or rope will hold 30. I like to make 5 cords and cut 2 of them into 10 and 5 ft pieces, then join them into 3 cords of 25ft. This lets you do the maximum of the recipe - 50 pieces - with each cord.

- Shane
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:48:25 AM by Acolyte »

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 09:23:56 AM »
The update means you don't have to micromanage it at all anymore (unless you want to do what Acolyte does, but that's a lot less fiddly than what we used to have to do).

Early in the game before I can afford cords I've been using the new withes. They each hold 8 pieces but if I have a bunch of them in my inventory then I can do batches of up to 48 meats at once, or any multiple of 8 below 50.

Ara D.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 06:52:53 PM »
I use to be a micro manager of cord but between withes and the fact that cords are recoverable I just harvest a bunch of saplings and go to work preserving meat in the largest batches possible. I save my cords for finer work like arrows.

White Hair

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:00:18 PM »
Be nice if it would just automatically cut the rope according to the task at hand. Or at least have it as an additional menu in that task, rather than make the player exit out of that menu, go into tying equipment, and then shorten/tie each cord for what they're doing. I believe it's better than the previous system, but it adds a lot of unnecessary key presses for a rather trivial process.

ineedcords

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 11:35:10 PM »
Be nice if it would just automatically cut the rope according to the task at hand. Or at least have it as an additional menu in that task, rather than make the player exit out of that menu, go into tying equipment, and then shorten/tie each cord for what they're doing. I believe it's better than the previous system, but it adds a lot of unnecessary key presses for a rather trivial process.
That would be next step in tying equipment evolution. I hope it gets implemented and soon.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.