Topic: [discontinued report] Companion says "no carcass" when on top of carcass  (Read 5646 times)

marginoferror

« on: January 22, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »
I killed a lynx in a hunt, but my hideworking skill was poor so I decided to haul the carcass to my camp and hire a hideworking expert in the nearby settlement. After bringing the expert back, he claimed there was no carcass to carve, even though the carcass is present and is still fresh. This persists even if the expert is standing directly on top of the carcass.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:15:02 PM by Sami »

marginoferror

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »
Afterwards, I took the companion to check my traps and found a fox in a fox-paw trap. However, even after dispatching it right in front of the man, he insisted there was no carcass to be found.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »
Hmm. That's one stubborn NPC.
If you are still wandering with him, and the hideworking problem persists, it would be super if you could send me savegame from said situation.

Anybody else experiencing this? It's clearly bugged, but I'm wondering if it's general mechanics or something with this individual NPC.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

marginoferror

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:22:54 AM »
Sorry, I'm afraid not. If it happens again I will try to save a copy immediately. By the way, I did try the same thing with a different hideworking expert and a different carcass earlier in the game and it worked then. Is it possible that the old man I hired this round has vision so poor that he literally could not see a carcass right in front of him?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:38:45 AM »
Sorry, I'm afraid not. If it happens again I will try to save a copy immediately. By the way, I did try the same thing with a different hideworking expert and a different carcass earlier in the game and it worked then. Is it possible that the old man I hired this round has vision so poor that he literally could not see a carcass right in front of him?

That kind of NPC eyesight issues aren't coded in the game, but we can roleplay and imagine it was that :)

Well, if it happens again send me the save. Some odd, rare condition.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything