Topic: [3.61] Crafted clothes can't go over decent quality  (Read 5149 times)

aat

« on: December 24, 2019, 07:58:56 PM »
I feel this has changed since version 3.52:

Although using harsh fur to make clothes ends up having a cloth with rough quality, it seems like that it is impossible to make clothes with fine or masterwork quality even when starting from fine or superior fur

I've tried also to edit the diy_glossary.txt, with no success:
  • changing the crafting skill from COMMON to HIDEWORKING (which my character had at 91%),
  • adding the %90% in the recipe name to "increase" the skill and making more likely to produce better quality crafts
While doing the above changes works with normal crafts, they seem completely bypassed when crafting clothes (I've tried fur clothes only).
Hence I think it's a bug

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 04:41:16 PM by Sami »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
I believe this is not a bug, but by design.

Things may have been 'tightened up' cleaned up with the in game addition of many of the supported garments.

..just guessing..
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 09:12:55 AM »
Yeah, I think the reasoning behind this is that it can take about a month to craft a high quality garment using the tools available and since we don't have task pausing for non building, it's unrealistic for you to be able to produce a high quality item in less than a day.

Even a very small sewing task, like sewing patches onto small holes takes about 15 minutes each and that's just about 20cm of stitching. For masterwork clothing you want the stitches to be absolutely tiny and even and perfect, and an overcoat is going to be a lot more than 20cm of stitching. And once it is done (after at least a month of stitching) you'd probably want to spend another month embroidering it and sewing beads onto it.