Topic: "Big Elk" Advanced Adventures quest solved by killing a reindeer doe?  (Read 3298 times)

Dungeon Smash

« on: January 09, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »
I was on the "Big Elk" portion of the Advanced Adventures quest, and the quest completed itself after I shot and killed a reindeer doe?  It wasn't even a Big Doe, just regular size.  Not that I'm complaining... it's a difficult quest.  But I thought this was odd.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »
I'd recommend making a copy of your save (the folder with the character's name) before playing further (and preferably immediately after "succeeding" with the quest, but that's more for future oddities). The sooner the save is copied after something investigation worthy happens the better, as that gives Sami the best chance to get info out of it, should he want to investigate (which is often the case). Also note that you should make copies of "real" saves, as the state of the folder isn't complete if you put the game in the background to copy the save (which is one reason the save can be corrupted after a crash: crashes don't happen often, and corruption doesn't happen often on crashes, but it's definitely not fun when it does, so make regular backups, unless you have an irresistible save scumming urge you're fighting).

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:06:04 PM »
I can remember where I read it. But the reindeer counting for a big elk has existed for a while at least from 3.5 and I want to say back to 3.4 and beyond.

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 07:42:39 PM »
I can also confirm this, it's been like this for a long time.

anything