Topic: Crafting leather harnesses?  (Read 5329 times)

Tom H

« on: January 02, 2020, 08:10:36 AM »
I was looking at a bunch of leather I've got for which I presently have no use and it occurred to me that these beasts of burden, cow and deer, could require harnesses and packs in order to carry loads. I suppose that would fall under hide working skill. What do you think?

Additionally, I pondered whether the value of furs should be reduced because, again, I have a lot of furs and nothing worth trading them for anymore. I know, balancing economy is, well, a bear...heh.

I know I could craft leather and fur armor and such but, frustratingly, villagers consider that such items are fairly worthless and, if I give these things to a Companion, too often they can't (apparently) wear them because of the weight. It's a bit confusing why villagers devalue crafted fur items while foreign traders will pay well for the furs.

princebunnyboy

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
This would be really cool honestly. Although I'd figure they'd do carrying/hauling when they implement more hauling animal AI.

It'd be extremely helpful to be able to breed dogs/sheep/pig/horses (when implemented),etc. and strap them up with harnesses to haul stuff, maybe even be able to tie them together to carry larger amounts!

I don't know exactly how far this animal AI changes are in the grand scheme of things but I'm the most excited for when they add in animal breeding and hauling changes out of everything else (but the companion and rope changes we're so helpful in making a cabin so I see why they implemented that first!)  :D

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 04:03:04 PM »
I was looking at a bunch of leather I've got for which I presently have no use and it occurred to me that these beasts of burden, cow and deer, could require harnesses and packs in order to carry loads. I suppose that would fall under hide working skill. What do you think?

I don’t feel this is that important. Surely some would enjoy the immersion of it, and maybe the micro-management too, but carrying in the game is very simplified – with humans too. There are many domestic animal related things to do that have a higher priority.

- Sami | UnReal World creator