Topic: meeting with water folk  (Read 5328 times)

Kararas

« on: December 30, 2019, 09:03:30 PM »
Okay ... I found a detached island on the river at midnight. I was took off all the clothes (at the beginning of winter), pressed f4 and a "meeting water folk", and? Nothing. I repeated it the next night for verification, but nothing. Please help, I  I don’t understand how these rituals work :-[

Tom H

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »
Not sure if there is a problem. The only time I completed this one, it took me at least three attempts. I have similar results with the Forest Maidens/Gods quests. I've completed them all but never on a single attempt. It appears to be a probability that they will appear, not a certainty.

Kararas

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 08:53:54 AM »
Do I need to sleep on this stone? Or wait naked until they come? What should I do after activating the ritual? Nothing happens to me.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »
Firstly, make sure the rock actually meets all the requirements listed.

It's possible to use a craft to get there and undress and drop all the things when the time nears (to avoid getting too cold).
You don't activate a ritual as such, but just perform it by waiting on the rock (there's a waiting command available). I haven't tried sleeping, but the description doesn't mention it, so you probably shouldn't.

As others have mentioned, this kind of ritual doesn't seem to work every time, which makes it a bit hard to detect that you've done something wrong.

Thus, undress and wait. Give up if hypothermia sets in or the meeting time has been exceeded by a time description interval. If you're successful you'll get a message and the option to break off the waiting (and you should break it off, as the waiting is now over).

Kararas

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
oh my God .. I tried for 2 real hours to do this ritual, I don’t understand ... Should I call them at midnight, late night or just night ?! I have to wait until morning, or until dawn?Should I be without things in my inventory and hands? It looks like the spirits just left me, after  killing a lumberjack ...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:21:25 PM by Kararas »

PALU

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 02:20:50 PM »
I don't remember exactly what the wordings for that ritual is (my last character was killed by a Njerp, and I'm holding off creating a new one), but I think it says midnight. If that's the case, I'd strip naked at late night and then drop everything carried (I'm not sure an empty inventory is required, but it doesn't hurt, and that's what I've done). Then I activate "waiting". If nothing has happened after midnight changed to the next stage I'd quit the waiting, give up, and go home (after dressing up again, of course).

You should do your preparation and start the wait before the specified time (I don't know if you can succeed "inside" that time slot: I've always started during the previous time slot).

Brygun

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 10:31:34 PM »
One ponders the hilarious pranks the spirit system could be representing...

Kararas

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
Thank you, after a couple of attempts I found another islet in the middle of the river and met the water people. In fact, it happened a day ago, but I celebrated the new year. Thank you all for the advice)

Tom H

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 03:18:27 AM »
A final note: When I was doing this quest, in winter, I had told my Companion to STAY back at my cabin, which was near the rapids where I was doing the quest. When daylight arrived, the Companion was floating, facedown, drowned.  lol

Glad it worked out for you, friend.

Dr.Hossa

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »
Actually, you have to follow the instructions of the ritual word by word.
So just do, what it says.

You dont have to actually click on the F4 screen on performing the ritual.

This is only the case for some of them, like the general sacrifice. For example, the "bear skull ritual" is also performed by pushing the bear skull onto a Pine(not a young one!) which is not next to another Tree, (although i didnt exactly investigate how "lone" that Tree has to be, but it worked just recently for me on a Pine that was like 6 or 7 Tiles away.

It is somewhat astounding how the game reacts when you just use your common sense. Yet it is unclear sometimes, if an action will have consequences.
For example, when i slaughter a deer for food, do the other reindeers standing near react to that somehow?
I  have avoided that for the time being, just because of intuition. I slaughter them out of sight of each other, just as i would do in the real world...

what you report about your companion though, is a thing that should not happen in my opinion.

EDIT: On my new character, i still have to do the Waterfolk quest. But it is winter, so the first problem is to find a good Rock, and then (i think) you have to make sure all the water tiles around it gotta be NOT ice. Im not sure, but when i first met the water guardian, he was swimming.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:33:21 PM by Dr.Hossa »