Topic: Character metabolism varies by size?  (Read 4432 times)

Rolman99

« on: July 15, 2023, 02:12:02 PM »
Just wondering if I'm hallucinating:

Rolled myself a big ole Kaumolaiset at a shocking-for-the-Iron-Age 1.93m by 95kg, definitely the largest character I've ever played and loving the strength, fast running, and high carry weight.

But I swear the dude goes from "abundant" or "nourished" to starvation in like 24 hours tops. And not a no-food 24 hours, a crowberries and one squirrel cut 24 hours. I feel like in the past with more average-sized characters it took a couple days or even the better part of a week of that kind of diet before hitting starvation.

So, do you gotta eat more if you're big?

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 11:36:57 PM »
I'm not sure if Basal Metabolic Rate is implemented. But I'm pretty certain more strenuous activities do burn extra calories and your character needs to eat more.

You can roll characters up to 240lbs... Sartolaiset and Kaumolaiset are easiest to get a really big guy. Koivulaiset, Kiesselaiset and Reemilaiset aren't difficult to roll a 200+

FWIW, IRL I weight 205lbs (~93kg) and my MBR is 2,050 kCal: that's calories required at rest. Any less and I'll lose weight. More needed for activities. In-game weight gain/loss is not implemented.