Topic: Bones as bait?  (Read 5089 times)

SadDogSmile

« on: November 11, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
Anyone try using bones as bait? I've got a trapper character with no dogs and thus no particular use for bones unless I dig into mods. Dogs are coded to eat bones but I've never noticed if wild animals will. I'm going to give it a shot and report back (I've got a pack of wolves lurking around my trap fence . . .) but was wondering if anyone else already had experience.

Ara D.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »
I generally only trap secondary to active hunting but I've tried bones for wolves a few times and I've had no luck. I wonder if it's like how dogs go for bones, mine only eat bones if I tell them or they are starving and they no other choice. I have never seen a npc creature tagged with a looks hungry. So I wonder if predators don't like them or they never get hungry enough.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »
The ones I've occasionally picked up in the wild have not been gnawed upon, except occasionally by my character's dog (they have a tendency to occasionally claim they're not hungry in the morning, and then bark of hunger in the afternoon when they didn't eat their breakfast). Thus, I think bones are currently useless as bait.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
They make great soup!
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Ara D.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
Vanilla or mod?

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »
Vanilla or mod?

Have to modify it.
Simply replaced {Raw Meat} in .meat soup. recipe with bones.
and made new .Bone Broth.

It's very nutritious. 
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

SadDogSmile

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 02:15:55 AM »
Can confirm . . . caught a wolf and a few foxes, none of them touched the bones.

The bone pile grows.

anything