Topic: Clothing Protection (after 3.60 update)  (Read 5670 times)

SpeedyG

« on: October 31, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
Before the update it was possible to wear both fur and leather boots at the same time, wich made possible to get, at least, a very good level of protection (not the max green, but the one before) against "point damage". And point damage seems to be the hardest one to cover, if I'm not mistaken. So if you are well protected against point, you are pretty much well protected against other damages... But after the update, I can naver get above yellow level (against point). I've tryed everything... Wollen socks, footrags... Leather boots seems obsolete now. Even tryed several trousers, wich accordind to "wiki", are supposed to protect your feet, but don't. It doesn't seems right... Is there any clothind that I'm not aware, like mail socks, or something??  :)

Acolyte

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:57:09 PM »
There are mail leggings that might cover the foot, but one question: When was the last time you where hit in that location? It's extremely rare so I personally don't worry about it.

One other note is that quality now effects protection so maybe masterwork wool socks and masterwork boots might do it.

- Shane

SpeedyG

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
I traded the mail leggings, to make sure, and sence I hadn't any it's all good, but they don't... Have Master Boots but not Master Socks. I'm not to worried, but those yellow feet just give me a little itch, you now?  :D

PALU

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »
I'm generally more worried about not having enough protection against cold, particularly on hands and feet.

"When was the last time..." Well, my characters tend to use disabled Njerps for target practice, and usually aim for the legs (to get them to last as long as possible, both because it's hard to hit and because hits tend not to be directly fatal), and there are a lot of arrows going through the feet in various fashions...

Acolyte

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 09:39:22 AM »
"When was the last time..." Well, my characters tend to use disabled Njerps for target practice, and usually aim for the legs (to get them to last as long as possible, both because it's hard to hit and because hits tend not to be directly fatal), and there are a lot of arrows going through the feet in various fashions...

:o Wow, you don't just go after their lives - you're after their very Soles!  :D

- Shane

Roqi

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 02:15:44 PM »
The solution to the cold problem could be to make footrags craftable. I mean, cutting out a piece of fabric to just wrap around your feet should certainly be easier than making a shirt out of hide, never even mind leather boots.

Perhaps even socks? If only there was a way to differentiate between the fur of small animals and big animals; bear skin is probably too thick to work as socks, but I can imagine squirrel or hare hide socks being pretty comfy.