UnRelated discussion > Off-topic

The Long Dark

(1/1)

Saukko:
I just bought The Long Dark at a Steam sale. Seems like an interesting game, though it shares some of the same weirnesses as many other modern survival games - for example, you can run out of fuel to burn even when standing in the middle of a forest full of trees, because you can't fell a tree as it isn't scripted in... Still, seems to have less tedious micromanagement and assorted jank that's so common for many other games in the survival genre.

Dungeon Smash:
My little brother plays this game.  It looked alright until I realized you can't wear socks as gloves and I became Triggered

Dynggyldai:

--- Quote from: Saukko on October 27, 2019, 03:44:26 PM ---I just bought The Long Dark at a Steam sale. Seems like an interesting game, though it shares some of the same weirnesses as many other modern survival games - for example, you can run out of fuel to burn even when standing in the middle of a forest full of trees, because you can't fell a tree as it isn't scripted in... Still, seems to have less tedious micromanagement and assorted jank that's so common for many other games in the survival genre.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for telling us about this game.
UnReal world takes this up a notch: it makes tedious micromanagement fun (at least in my opinion).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version