Topic: Cellar in building- problem smoking/drying  (Read 119 times)

Tom H

« on: October 11, 2019, 08:58:40 PM »
I build cellars inside my cabin. Since the latest update, when I try to dry or smoke meat while standing ON/IN the cellar, I get the message that says I don't have the required conditions to do this. However, if I move off the cellar I can successfully smoke/dry the meat. It's a minor thing, yes, but it's something that has changed. Not sure if it was intended.

Ara D.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:48:59 PM »
I don't think it is a bug as much as a minor exploit that's been fixed. To build a cellar you need a ground tile. Which means you did not build a floor/ ceiling tile so technically your trying to smoke your meat under a giant hole in the roof.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 01:22:56 AM »
A lot of things are abstracted in the game, like the fires needed for smoking. We start a fire once and that's all that is needed for the entire process. The actual area of the cellar is abstracted. And, imagine bunking down in the atmosphere of a smokehouse! Yet we can.

I'm not a purist nor am I looking for an exploit. I just noted the change and wondered if the change is intentional. And, it's a small matter in the end...

Ara D.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 09:50:35 PM »
Ya I get that, no judgement. Lord knows I exploit the crap out of tiny branch fires to cook batches of food with out fear of burning them. I was just pointing out that Sammi probably changed tightened the checks on smoking and now a non indoor tile can't be used even though it's surrounded by 4 walls.

Labtop 215

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »
Drying dosn't require a floor or ceiling tile though, so drying should still work on a cellar, unless something else has changed.