Topic: [Not a bug] Impaired vision flips sides  (Read 3975 times)

Dmytro Ankudinov

« on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:47 PM »
I had a character in 'Hurt, helpless and afraid' scenario that started with a serious puncture in his right eye.
I noticed that when facing some directions (strictly to the north, south, east and west I think) the character had his right field of view partially obscured (which was appropriate), but when the character turned 45 degrees in either direction, his left field of vision had been obscured instead. Sorry, could not attach a savegame, the character had YASD already :)

Also, while we're at it, and I guess this has been done in the game that way for all of its lifetime, representation of the wounds in character wound stats screen is horizontally flipped. If you have a wound that is said to be on the right side (for example, right eye punctured, as with my character), it is demonstrated on the right half of the character picture, which is character's left, because the picture is facing the player. This is confusing and is probably easy to fix, so I suggest doing that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:31:37 PM by Sami »

Dmytro Ankudinov

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 07:21:33 AM »
Ahhh, scratch that, this is not a bug.

I got another character with the right eye trauma, and now I could confirm that the vision impairment is not flipped.
When the character faces north, his vision field is delimited by a straight line to the left, and a diagonal line to the right. When the character turns right, it's now diagonal line to the left and straight line to the right. This is correct (because for a healthy character the delimiting line should be an unbroken diagonal), but as the picture is a flipped version of the previous position, I just jumped to the assumption that there's something wrong with the game. Sorry...

The second part (about representing wounds horizontally flipped on a character) is still valid though.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:31:19 PM »
Thanks for the follow-up. I was already thinking that it's very hard to imagine what might have made it glitchy now.

The wounds screen thing comes up every now and then. We've been on the edge of fixing it many times, but then we've been convinced back that mirror image is kind of cool, as that's how you'd see your wounded body from the reflection on the water. (Now that it came up again I'm personally leaning more towards fixing than keeping.)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything