Topic: Actual completion date instead of # days for x to smoke, dry, tan, etc.  (Read 3459 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: September 20, 2019, 12:58:35 AM »
Every time I have task that will take days to be finished, I head over to the "Week Calendar" section of http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Calendar to calculate the exact date the task will be finished.
If the game instead of telling me how many days a task will take to finish/be_ready it tells me:
"X will be finished tanning on Day 3 of 10th week before midsummer point. You may not pick it up yet."

It would be a welcome QoL feature.

And if on top of that a custom map marker was automatically created with the relevant text to remind you that:
"X will be finished xing on Day # of #th week before x point"
That would save me from doing anything!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:27:40 AM by d2shr6o8av »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:31:44 AM »
Since weeks are 7 days long, it's not too bad to think of smoking as "2 weeks + 2 days" or drying as "3 weeks + 4 days". if the word in the date is "before" then subtract that many weeks and add that many days. if the word in the date is "after" then add.

But there's an even easier way which is more realistic to the period, when the character wouldn't have had a very exact understanding of what day it was anyway:

The month goes:
Beginning of Month name
Early month name
Month name
Late month name
End of month name

So if I leave some meat drying by a shelter in Late Swidden I'll leave myself a note on the F6 map that says "food ready by Seedtime", or if it's End of Dirt month then I'll write "by late Dead"

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 12:19:44 AM »
Id prefer >both< to be shown if its anything over 7 days (like with hideworking)

Something like

It will be done in 11 days roughly the late fallow season