Topic: The Long Dark  (Read 6538 times)

Saukko

« on: October 27, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »
I just bought The Long Dark at a Steam sale. Seems like an interesting game, though it shares some of the same weirnesses as many other modern survival games - for example, you can run out of fuel to burn even when standing in the middle of a forest full of trees, because you can't fell a tree as it isn't scripted in... Still, seems to have less tedious micromanagement and assorted jank that's so common for many other games in the survival genre.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »
My little brother plays this game.  It looked alright until I realized you can't wear socks as gloves and I became Triggered

Dynggyldai

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 11:44:16 AM »
I just bought The Long Dark at a Steam sale. Seems like an interesting game, though it shares some of the same weirnesses as many other modern survival games - for example, you can run out of fuel to burn even when standing in the middle of a forest full of trees, because you can't fell a tree as it isn't scripted in... Still, seems to have less tedious micromanagement and assorted jank that's so common for many other games in the survival genre.

Thanks for telling us about this game.
UnReal world takes this up a notch: it makes tedious micromanagement fun (at least in my opinion).