Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.60beta-hotfix2] Virgin ropes vs Joined ropes  (Read 4149 times)

Tom H

« on: September 18, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
 10' lengths made from joined 5' lengths do not stack with 10' lengths cut from longer ropes. Winds up with two stacks of 10' lengths, using up an additional inventory slot.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:20:22 AM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
I bet this kind of non-stacking can happen quite often, as it's a new thing, and there are many variables in the mix. If you'd send me the savegame I can take a look and hopefully adjust things. During my tests stacking of joined/shortened roped occurred most of the times, but not always. It may depends on so many factors that it's hard to even imagine. But with example saves we try to work it out.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 01:05:17 AM »
I bet this kind of non-stacking can happen quite often, as it's a new thing, and there are many variables in the mix. If you'd send me the savegame I can take a look and hopefully adjust things. During my tests stacking of joined/shortened roped occurred most of the times, but not always. It may depends on so many factors that it's hard to even imagine. But with example saves we try to work it out.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=71287177237187778561

Sami- My guy has the two stacks in his inventory. Thank you!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=71287177237187778561

Sami- My guy has the two stacks in his inventory. Thank you!

Thanks. I'll have a look at some point.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »
This seems to have been result of shortened pieces of tying equipment weight not being modified, as reported here:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5168.0

The two rope stacks are of different weights. Bugged weights in case of shortened ropes, that is. The issue is now fixed, but wonky shortened weights - resulting in stacking issues - persists in 3.60b-hotfix2.

Fixed. Persists in 3.60beta-hotfix 2.