Topic: [3.60 beta] Removing the "Tying Equipment" menu definition  (Read 3250 times)

Brygun

« on: September 17, 2019, 01:19:47 AM »
As far as I know there is no way for me to remove the vanilla menu_def  "Tying Equipment" menu entry.

I can (and am) relocating its entries elsewhere. However that still leaves the (now empty) menu slot showing up.

BAC can just say people integrating other mods can use it as one of their "free menu" choices but I'd rather not have an empty label showing.

I've made a thread elsewhere suggesting putting those 3 items back under utility (well 2 of them were already there) but if thats not done Im requesting being able to remove a base game menu_def (which opens future complications compared to just moving them back to utility)

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 01:33:31 AM »
A plausible suggestion for Saami:

If the game sees that a vanilla menu is empty it ditches that menu display

This means a modder could knowingly empty a vanilla menu to free it up. If a beginning modder (or one debugging) left item(s) in the menu it would still show up.

This gives large mod makers, like myself and others, a new way to work with the menu system with that safeguard against some of the hiccups that can happen.

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 02:00:44 AM »
Well that's not going to work  :-X

"Join ropes and cords"
"Shortern ropes and cords"

are still show up in the tying equipment menu

Unless those are also moved to the Utility menu... or made to give modders an option to move them...