Topic: [3.60 beta] Is season or time of year now knowable to a recipe?  (Read 3422 times)

Brygun

« on: September 17, 2019, 09:45:00 PM »

As of 3.60 Beta the bark harvesting is affected by time of year. Does that mean there is now code for the season or time of year to be knowable to a recipe?

I ask as one of the BAC bigger projects is a birch-bark canoe which needs to harvest the birch-bark as a very big sheet vs the standard strips. There is also the ore collecting in bogs really shouldn't be doable when the ground is frozen

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
There's no moddable time code. Modding additions are always listed in news.txt.

(PS. Birch-bark canoes weren't actually used in UrW era and setting, and I believe the birches used in birch-bark canoes were of different tree type: paper birch, (lat. Betula papyrifera.),  whereas birches in the game are different type of birches. Paper birch bark properties make it far more suitable for canoes.)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 12:25:13 AM »
Quite likely on the trees. I'm from Canada where we have high yield birch trees. I even have friends who have made their own birch-bark canoes and I was assisting a Native Center see if we could have their members build one. (Largely failed on still needing at least some budget and especially some place to have the canoe while building it in our city)

anything