Topic: Domestic Animal Tasking  (Read 3742 times)

Tom H

« on: September 13, 2019, 02:18:16 AM »
My character has arrived at the 'A Domestic Animal' challenge but I already have a sow from choosing the 'Not all who wander' starting role. Is it necessary that I acquire another animal to fulfill it? I'm in Kaumo lands and of the 17 villages I've found here, none has a single animal. 

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 03:15:55 AM »
Since the game didn't give credit for the pig (Instantly completing the task) I'm gonna say 99.8% sure you need another animal.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »
Annoying, that! I've tried re-naming, and tying to a tree and then taking the leash. I'd happily trade for a dog...if anybody here had one!

PALU

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
Sound like you're very unlucky with your world! Personally I want my characters to (eventually) get a dog, a big cow of burden, and a sheep (cow rather than bull because of milk and sheep because of mod wool). The dogs tend to be "used up" due to Njerp/bear/robber encounters, so finding sources for them tends to be important.

In your case I'd try to explore neighboring regions for villages (once you've built up enough slow perishing food stocks to go on expeditions). Completing the game courses is not an urgent task, fortunately, as there's no time limit.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »
Try un-leashing and then re-leashing the animal

Tom H

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 01:31:32 AM »
Try un-leashing and then re-leashing the animal

I feel so stupid....lol