Topic: [Fixed - persist in 3.60] Planted herbs don't sprout and disappear  (Read 4946 times)

morrneyo

« on: August 27, 2019, 06:13:00 PM »
I planted nettle, sorrel and yarrow at my farm. They weren't sprouted yet.
Right after entering and came back from world map, plants are just evaporated to nowhere.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:04:39 PM by Sami »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
The planting behavior is somewhat odd. When you plant seeds they "sprout" immediately to provide feedback that you've done it, but if you leave and return those "sprouts" may be gone if it's too early for them to actually sprout. They should sprout properly when they're due to do so.

morrneyo

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »
The planting behavior is somewhat odd. When you plant seeds they "sprout" immediately to provide feedback that you've done it, but if you leave and return those "sprouts" may be gone if it's too early for them to actually sprout. They should sprout properly when they're due to do so.

So it's a bug, right?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 11:00:16 PM »
I'd rather say it's a feature. Before the seeds "sprouted" immediately there was no feedback as to whether you'd planted any seeds or not, making judgement of progress difficult (did I plant seeds, or did I accidentally give the wrong order? Where did I break off when going for lunch?...). This makes me believe it's intentional, but that the implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

Maybe some overlay to indicate seeds have been spread instead? (Their disappearance could easily be explained with birds eating the visible ones). Or the soil being disturbed?

morrneyo

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:09:18 AM »
I'd rather say it's a feature. Before the seeds "sprouted" immediately there was no feedback as to whether you'd planted any seeds or not, making judgement of progress difficult (did I plant seeds, or did I accidentally give the wrong order? Where did I break off when going for lunch?...). This makes me believe it's intentional, but that the implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

Maybe some overlay to indicate seeds have been spread instead? (Their disappearance could easily be explained with birds eating the visible ones). Or the soil being disturbed?

But other vegetables were worked fine. Only those make problem. I surely planted seed and saw their sprout image.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
And I believe those are late sprouters, while the ones that "worked fine" probably were ones that have passed their earliest date of sprouting.

Check the wiki for dates of when different plants can sprout at the earliest.

morrneyo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »
And I believe those are late sprouters, while the ones that "worked fine" probably were ones that have passed their earliest date of sprouting.

Check the wiki for dates of when different plants can sprout at the earliest.

Other vegetables sprouted despite of enter or not, only herbs disappeared

Nevermind, my turnips do this thing too
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:29:15 PM by morrneyo »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »
I believe this is the same issue as here:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5244.0

Even though in this report, in version 3.52, the actual plant graphics was shown.
All in all, it's fixed now, but still persists in 3.60. Luckily, the plants should still sprout normally.

Fixed - persists in 3.60.
- Sami | UnReal World creator