Topic: "you think you saw something move in the distance"  (Read 5725 times)

Valor

« on: July 04, 2019, 02:32:12 AM »
I am sleeping in my cabin without shutters and in about 10% of the nights I get woken up by this message.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 01:04:58 PM »
I am sleeping in my cabin without shutters and in about 10% of the nights I get woken up by this message.

Gotta change the message then.
In the said situation it's randomized that either you hear a rustle or see something in the distance.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »
What about cancelling the waking up if the message would have been the visual one when sleeping indoors? After all, walls ought to reduce the awareness of what's going on outside (and would provide a small bonus in the form of uninterrupted sleep for sleeping inside).
A shelter would logically fall in between sleeping outside and sleeping inside (50% of the "see" messages ignored, with the remaining ones still present?).

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:10:46 PM »
So, what's causing these? Indigestion? I've taken to just ignoring all such messages because not once have I ever 'seen' what awakened me. How did I see it with my eyes closed in sleep, anyway?

The rustle, however, usually turns out to be a squirrel, could be a bird although I've never actually found/seen a bird

Valor

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:43:57 PM »
I have a bull nearby, so maybe it can be caused by farm animals? Otherwise my home location is devoid of animals and its deep winter so any tracks would be easily spotted.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
I have a bull nearby, so maybe it can be caused by farm animals? Otherwise my home location is devoid of animals and its deep winter so any tracks would be easily spotted.

No, it's not caused by the farm animals, or any familiar animals you know to be around.
It's always some kind of occurrence of new critters occupying or visiting the area.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »
What about cancelling the waking up if the message would have been the visual one when sleeping indoors? After all, walls ought to reduce the awareness of what's going on outside (and would provide a small bonus in the form of uninterrupted sleep for sleeping inside).
A shelter would logically fall in between sleeping outside and sleeping inside (50% of the "see" messages ignored, with the remaining ones still present?).

These are kind of legacy messages anyway, so they could be reasoned down to some extent. However, that leaves occasionally nice hunch and imagination potential away as sometimes - mystically - we might wake up and "think of seeing something" even in complete darkness. 
Gotta think about this, low priority anyway.