UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Rye and Barley are not good crop?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shrimp:
Also, i just had something ingame that reminded me of this thread. There is also the fact that animals will come around and eat your crops like locusts. It's annoying but there is nothing you can really do about it unless you decide to trap the heck out of your farmland, which is possibly not doable depending on how big it is. There will always be a random annoying hare/bird that will appear out of nowhere after a while and eat clean your crops.

For some reason though, they often leave rye and barley alone in my games, maybe they don't eat those? In any case it can be a good option to plant these knowing animals will leave them alone.

Dungeon Smash:
I would also like to recommend the Njerpez cooking mod, if you feel that rye and barley are not worthwhile in the basic game.  It adds so many fun and "flavorful" options.  I think it really increases enjoyment of the game.

PALU:
Something has "picked" barley/rye for me in the past, and since you can't do it yourself even accidentally, I suspect it's been done by birds, but it's been nothing like badgers eating most of other crops.

I keep animals away by a fence (with a few bear traps in gaps to actually trap big ones), with a complete line of fox pawboard traps inside of it (I enter/leave the area by zooming in/out). I'm not sure animals have ever gotten themselves caught in the inner traps, quite possibly because a fence with traps inside aren't considered pathable to animals. I do catch large animals in the bear traps, though, even with the pawboards inside of them.

Dungeon Smash:
Hares seem to love turnips more than anything else.  If you notice a hare is eating your crops, try setting up a few loop snares and/or lever traps near your field.  there is also a certain ritual which can help you... with the ritual and turnip bait, you will soon catch the hare.

Birds are a little trickier but they are attracted to berries.  I don't bother to surround my entire field with traps, i just put a bunch scattered around here and there.  Sooner or later the bird gets caught, I might lose a plant or two but that's not a big deal.

Shrimp:
I brought the animals into discussion because i just had that happen to me in the game. Received a bunch of seeds from the tutorial mission so i planted them. Came back to my settlement to find everything except rye eaten and hare footprints all over the place. Also, there is no "noticing". By the time you see a animal around, your field is probably picked clean already.

I also thought of traps at first too, but i feel they are too much effort. The fence was quite a trouble in itself to set up, it's kind of a shame to see it doesn't actually do its job. I don't have any more seeds anyways so i will just stick to hunting/fishing for the time being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version