UnReal World > General Discussion

How to get burn damage?

(1/2) > >>

Saiko Kila:
I wanted to test healing of burn damage. However, I can't really get my character burnt. Is there a trick to it? Maybe like giving a lit torch to a guy and attacking him? Are there enemies using fire (some have torches,  but unlit)? Characters cannot enter fire tiles, and fire doesn't seem to spread easily to an occupied tile.

Ara D.:
Set a bunch of branch piles on the ground maybe a 3x3 or 4x4 grid patern stand in the pile and start lighting branches around you. The fire will spread, according to others you can zoom out to escape if needed.

Saiko Kila:
Thanks. I did a pattern of 5x5 and stood in the centre. Each tile had several spruces and a slender trunk, without trunk they were unable to burn long enough for the central tile to catch fire. Actually before it caught fire the off-side tiles were mostly finished, so after getting too burned to move I crawled to one of these places, there was no need for zooming out. Also I had to remove armour, because apparently it protects heavily against fire.

PALU:
You've got a useful answer already, but I'll add mine as well: The time I accidentally burned my character I'd set fire to a line of branches for a future set of farm plots, while standing at a tile beside the line cutting new branches, with one lot already at my character's feet. Apparently the process of cutting branches (and thus being occupied doing something) prevented the character from immediately jumping away (dogs get out of the way when I've set fire to branches underneath them, and do not get injured in the process).

Dungeon Smash:
Standing inside a burning building would also probably work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version