UnReal World > Modding

Cannot get top menus to display

<< < (2/2)

Privateer:

--- Quote from: redbunyip on April 25, 2019, 06:09:20 AM ---Thank you ModernNorseman and Privateer,

I have added the period after the myweapons as below (copy & paste again) but the menu item is still not displayed in the main menu list

.my weapons.       -Z-   *MAKE*

I have removed anything else in the menudef_additional.txt file (all the commented out lines)
and removed any other menudef files in case there is some sort of conflict.
I closed out of unrealworld and reopened then created a new character and the menu is still not displayed.

I can get the cookery and carpentry items from other mods to be displayed in the secondary menus, but just not the extra items in the main menu.

Is there something I have to do to get the program to pick up the data? or am I looking in the wrong place for the menu item? I have attached a screenshot of the menu with the 'my weapons' line in menudef_additional.txt and then my Resources folder and what I have entered in the menudef file

--- End quote ---

OK, we or at least I was having some terminology issue. The screen you are showing is the SKILLS screen, it can not be modified, The menus are on the (Shift+m) key combination. These and the cooking menus are what can be changed/added to and such.

redbunyip:
Thank you so much Privateer!! It was there all along, I'm glad computers don't have AI or it would have been yelling at me by now  :)
You can tell I have not been playing it for ages and had forgotten that keystroke.
It would probably also help if I look at *all* the keystrokes listed in the program as well and try them all out.
Thank you all for helping me out!

ModernNorseman:

--- Quote from: redbunyip on April 25, 2019, 06:51:48 AM ---Thank you so much Privateer!! It was there all along, I'm glad computers don't have AI or it would have been yelling at me by now  :)
You can tell I have not been playing it for ages and had forgotten that keystroke.
It would probably also help if I look at *all* the keystrokes listed in the program as well and try them all out.
Thank you all for helping me out!

--- End quote ---

Good it worked out! Yeah it takes some time to get used to, but all the keys will soon be memorized in the fingers :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version