Topic: Cord doesnt count as * cord  (Read 5674 times)

Brygun

« on: December 25, 2018, 04:08:16 AM »
Ermmmm.....

Im missing something I hope another modder can quickly point out.

Due to the variety of materials in the  mods now I am trying to avoid use the recipe call for {Cord} and instead use {* cord}. This is to allow primitive low grade things like split spruce twigs to be used for hanging meats but not where quality solutions like are needed, like a bow string or structual cord.

Likewise {* rope} would be a very strong and  long with its own abilities like leashing animals.

{Tying equipment} is what I hope would allow any including those primitive items.

The attempted cord is freshly made vanilla cord made from leather.

I seem to be missing something in my understanding though.

The full recipe in question in the screen shot it:

.Caulked barrel. "Wooden tub" [effort:2] [phys:arms] *CARPENTRY*    /240/ /30/ %15%
{Board} (8) [remove]
{* cord} (4) [remove] '+as banding'
{Caulking} #4# [remove] '+caulk seams'
{* pot} (1) [ground] '+to hold hot caulking'
{Fire}      '+to soften pitch'
{Firewood} (4) [remove] [ground] '+to sustain fire'
{Axe} <Carving axe> '+for main shaping'
{Knife} <Small knife> '+for fine whittling'
[TYPE:container]
[PRICE:10]
[WEIGHT:80]
[CONT_CAPACITY:267]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:13:20 AM by Brygun »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 04:37:56 AM »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:40:43 AM »
Apparently...

{* cord} doesn't work

bu

{*cord} does

???

Out thy vile space, begone thine empty placeholder

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 04:47:57 AM »
 Sorry for not having read your code to answer my own question(s). When you make your alternate tying stuff is it cord or rope in the back side?
Anyway, with ingredients it's all about the text matches.

{* cord} is not {Cord} while {*cord} does equal {Cord}
The ingame item is "Cord"

P.S You may have the same issue with the pot in your recipe unless you made your own pot {* pot} will not equal {Pot}
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:53:30 AM by Privateer »
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Signatus

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 05:07:21 AM »
That doesn't explain why I've had cords not usable as tying equipment... both the vanilla Cord and some "birch-bark cord".

It does make sense that the space blocks simple cords, but it should work for "XYZ cord", right?

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:14 AM »
That doesn't explain why I've had cords not usable as tying equipment... both the vanilla Cord and some "birch-bark cord".

It does make sense that the space blocks simple cords, but it should work for "XYZ cord", right?

Code: [Select]
{Tying equipment}Applies to
Cordand
Leather rope
Whatever you make say birch bark cord. If you use;
.Birch bark cord. "Hunting horn" Etc etc.
To use this item as an ingredient you need to match exactly or good pattern.

If you use;
.Birch bark cord. "Cord" Etc etc.
You can use name match as above, Or {Cord} Or {Tying equipment}

The same is true with "Leather rope"
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 05:10:49 AM »
fyi

birch-bark is often appearing in recipes with the hyphen so try to keep it in there

Grax

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »
And there's an error

.Caulked barrel. "Wooden tub" [effort:2] [phys:arms] *CARPENTRY*    /240/ /30/ %15%

Must be
.Caulked barrel. "Wooden tub" [effort:2] [phys:arms] *CARPENTRY*    /240/ \30\ %15%

anything