UnReal World > General Discussion

Exploit - overloaded traders

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ara D.:
 What if we give traders cows or bulls

PALU:
The problem with traders having beasts of burden is that it requires the implementation of logic to handle the "inventory", so there's an implementation technical issue. In addition to that, I'm not sure the ships of the era were suitable for transport of cows/horses, so there might be an issue with historical accuracy there. On the other hand, Scandinavians definitely used their ships/boats on water ways.

Saiko Kila:

--- Quote from: Sami on May 08, 2019, 08:43:54 PM ---This actually hasn't been the case since introduction of limited carry weight for NPCs since that's been active for a decade or two, or who knows for how long.

--- End quote ---

By "limited carry weight" I mean the solution that was introduced in 3.52 - that they drop down excessive stuff (allowing PC to recover them - hence the exploit), instead of trying to stuff their pockets and "disappearing" items (which technically was giving them unlimited carry weight, i.e. they could take everything, but did not allow for this exploit to happen).

This "disappearing" was not an issue to me, because I didn't care about sold furs, and peasants were destroying only things like stacks of meat, which also would be not that interesting to re-buy.

If you fix it in the next version, could you please keep things as they are for peasants? This is not exploitable (dropped items are considered village property even if the villager was outside the village anyway), but allows to quickly identify the villages where my PC sold stuff (because there is a pile of meats somewhere in the centre square, or in the house).

Actually, since the traders won't sell the furs back, the solution could be just destroying the excessive furs, as it was.

Ara D.:
The inventory logic would be the larger problem, my role play answer to beast of burden would be to buy one on site and then resell or butcher it before returning home, thus removing the need for ships capable transporting animals

Tom H:

--- Quote from: PALU on May 09, 2019, 09:02:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mati256 on May 09, 2019, 03:24:28 AM ---I tough Foreign traders didn't accept Elk furs.

--- End quote ---
I haven't had any problems with that (and this is the first time I hear about such a restriction). I've never tried to sell leather to them, but furs have worked well.

--- End quote ---

Palu- I've offered them leather for trade and their reply was laughably condescending, something like 'We ONLY trade for quality FURS, preferably WINTER furs', with the implication that I have offended them with my meager offering...lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version