Topic: New video greeting for supporters & lifetimers  (Read 8493 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
After a little hiatus with video works there's now a fresh video greeting available for those who choose to do donate, and naturally lifetime members can find it at the designated forums section.

It must be noted that during the last few years donations have dried out to great extent, whereas downloads of the free-of-charge (ie. donation-based) version have constantly kept increasing. This occasionally makes me wonder about reasonableness of continuing my share of donation-based model, including the video rewards. But nevertheless, the fresh video work is now there. The game is there. And we continue to offer you a freedom of choice to support or not.

Cheers!

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Credit

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »
It must be noted that during the last few years donations have dried out to great extent, whereas downloads of the free-of-charge (ie. donation-based) version have constantly kept increasing. This occasionally makes me wonder about reasonableness of continuing my share of donation-based model, including the video rewards. But nevertheless, the fresh video work is now there. The game is there. And we continue to offer you a freedom of choice to support or not.

I found this about a month ago after needing a new scenary compared to Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. I have been playing/modding that for 3 years or so.

There's alot of incomplete stuff related to Unreal World. Website is outdated, WIKI is outdated, old forums abandoned and not merged, so new players need to do "research" in order to find information. Modding ability not fully documented. Forum not telling unregistered users that there's files that can't be viewed. Community not really existing? (this is a I've been here for a month and don't know, but it's what I see atm). Most useful data was written or discussed around 2016/17.

All in all, it's kinda hard for a new player to join, unless you got alot of free time to burn.

It's a wonderful game and you have alot of respect from me in what you have done since 92. But these are the unfortunate facts.

And btw, I didn't know, it could be so exciting (for me) to check your traps and hunt down elks with my best friend, Sneaks (dog). 

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:11:15 PM »
There's alot of incomplete stuff related to Unreal World. Website is outdated, WIKI is outdated, old forums abandoned and not merged, so new players need to do "research" in order to find information. Modding ability not fully documented. Forum not telling unregistered users that there's files that can't be viewed. Community not really existing? (this is a I've been here for a month and don't know, but it's what I see atm). Most useful data was written or discussed around 2016/17.

Are these brought up as reasons of not supporting... or I just don't quite get the relation...

All in all, it's kinda hard for a new player to join, unless you got alot of free time to burn.

That's an unfortunate fact with the game itself, I have heard. ;)
But at least you don't have to burn the money first.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:34:24 PM »
@Credit
I assume you haven't tried to ask questions in the "Gameplay questions" sub forum? That ought to be sufficient to get answers to questions that might have been answered on the old forum, but that obviously won't work for lurkers.
While there isn't a huge amount of posting on the site, there's still activity.

Credit

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
@Credit
I assume you haven't tried to ask questions in the "Gameplay questions" sub forum? That ought to be sufficient to get answers to questions that might have been answered on the old forum, but that obviously won't work for lurkers.
While there isn't a huge amount of posting on the site, there's still activity.

You assume I'm talking about myself, I am not, just giving some points about where things are.

A user wanted to get out of a village because the user made a mistake, creates a thread but doesn't get any help, untill I gave the user some ideas about trying to work with the files. An exercise that has yield more than just a few infos.

Credit

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »

Are these brought up as reasons of not supporting... or I just don't quite get the relation...

But you have done a few of the things I mentioned, or maybe your co-dev or maybe it was on your list anyway.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 11:04:11 PM »

But you have done a few of the things I mentioned, or maybe your co-dev or maybe it was on your list anyway.

Yay, one player made happy with a few things, now who out of some tens of thousands I'd concentrate next. ;)
The thing just is that in the midst of dev.things happening - for a reason or another - some will sometimes get the features they want, and some will never get theirs.
And that goes for every single massively evolving game out there.