UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

[Partly solved]regular crash to desktop

(1/2) > >>

Tinker:
Running latest version I get regular, as in once or twice a day. I Now run from the command line to get error messages and always get

/bin/urw: line 170: 30476 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "${URW_BIN_DIR}"/"${URW_BIN}"

The ctd does not seem to be related to any particular action I perform. Using Arch linux.

Tinker:
After some further testing I have found that I also lose some inventory items when I restart.

It would be appriciated if someone could suggest a method to track the cause of the ctd.

Sami:
Seems like super hard to track as there's no consistency with crashes. Arch can be tricky one but I believe there are people who are running the game stable on Arch.
You could try searching the forums for "arch" and see if somebody has pondered/solved similar problems in the past.
Also, you can enable debugs logs when the game is running (main play screen) by pressing symbol & 
it asks you to enable logs so you know it's running.
After that the game activity is logged to several differnt debug_*.txt files in games installation folder. They can provide me some information, and you can e-mail them to me after the next crash. Debug logs are resetted everytime you start the game again.

If you are playing with any mods at all, first try to run vanilla game with zero modifications or tinkering.

Tinker:
Thanks for the tip, I might actually solve it myself if I have some debug output, though with closed source I might have problems if it is  urw based error. It was crashing with just the vanilla setup.

Tinker:
I did find an old post of a similar problem here, which suggests a problem with sdl, I did once get a message that sdl.config might be to old, but it was updated last 2 months ago and there is no newer version.

Just to be sure I reinstalled sdl and have been running urw with debug logs for 4 hours without problem, I will need to test longer before saying that was the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version