UnReal World > General Discussion

I swear by shutters!

(1/4) > >>

Tom H:
For the first time ever, I was attacked by robbers at my cabin! Fortunately, on a whim I had built every wall with shutters, so, I actually saw these coming on the other side of my fence (I had built no traps!).

I rushed to my weapon stash (I was inside my cabin) and grabbed a lot of Fine Broadheads and ran back to the shutter. I managed to put 3 of them on the ground, though they were not dead yet. Then, I heard a door opening behind me! lol... I fired two more arrows and had to switch to my spear. My previous arrow work had badly injured the two inside and I finished them with my spear. Then I went outside and killed another lying on the ground. Circling the cabin, I found the last one and got a kill with a thrown javelin. I assume that there were only 4 because that's all I found.

What a great adventure! I have to ask, though, would my cabin have been robbed if I had not been home then? 

Saiko Kila:
You have much luck to get robbers on your home turf. Never happened to me, though I had robbers in the same region. There are never robbers when you need them. Recently I had a robber quest, and couldn't find any during a month...

I highly doubt they would take items when you are not home, unless you are present in nearby tiles (like to two tiles away), when they are simulated more thoroughly. But since it never happened to me I cannot be sure.

Tom H:
Now I'm wondering, if I'd been defeated, would they have taken everything in my cabin??

PALU:
Robbers (and Njerps) pick up things they stumble upon, so if they walk around after dumping your character they'd probably loot the place, but since they enter abstraction limbo when the character is away (i.e. has been dumped) they probably won't do that. I'd expect the robbers to remain in place if you return from where you were dumped and zoom in to your homestead.

I've considered exploiting the picking up behavior to load potential hostiles down with excessive loot, but haven't been very successful at it.

Saiko Kila:
They certainly won't take everything (and I suppose they will be still there to fight you when you return), because when picking up is modelled, the carry limit is also modelled. And they dump excessive load, if somehow encumbered. So they just can't carry much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version