Topic: Colorful domestic animal summary  (Read 7557 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:22:55 PM »
A little summary of the latest future additions with screenshots.

We'll be seeing wandering NPC woodsmen and adventurers occasionally having dog companions with them in the wild.

And we'll be seeing village dogs released out of their pens, to roam freely at the village area - in this fashion:

You may ask, is it just me or are the two dogs of different color?
Nothing wrong with your eyes, they are different color, and so are the cows in the pen also - if you look closely.

See, as another new addition all the domestic animals may have subtle varieties in their coat colors now. This adds some flavour to the game world, but also makes it easier to distinguish different colored pets from each others just by their looks.

Lets end the briefing with some pigs showing off their new varying coat colors.

These are future features, not yet functional in current version 3.52.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »
And a natural follow on question is: Can I select an animal based on its color when I buy one so I can be sure it has a different color from the one I already have (an image of the animal in the menu, for instance)?

Nice addition regardless, though.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »
If a wandering adventurer were to die, say from a bear attack, and his dog survives will we a find it alone and could we leash it? Also color variation is great. Will it be subtle shades of brown or will other colors be added red cow, black dog, for example.

Prae

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 02:27:55 AM »
Are you planning to make animal breeding a feature?

Erkka

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
Are you planning to make animal breeding a feature?

It is listed on the official development list.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 09:56:24 AM »
And a natural follow on question is: Can I select an animal based on its color when I buy one so I can be sure it has a different color from the one I already have (an image of the animal in the menu, for instance)?

Nice addition regardless, though.

No, the color can't be selected. The game tints the original tiles with a logic of its own, so the colors would be quite hard to define in any case.. They aren't basic colors but appear kind of "somewhat reddish but with a hint of brown" and "close to pink red but not quite" ;) - if needed to be verbalised.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:59:08 AM »
If a wandering adventurer were to die, say from a bear attack, and his dog survives will we a find it alone and could we leash it? Also color variation is great. Will it be subtle shades of brown or will other colors be added red cow, black dog, for example.

Naturally wandering dogs can found if their masters die. Leashing them works the same as with dogs in villager where the people don't exist anymore. You can try, and you may even succeed.
For colors, see the reply above.