Topic: Duplicating dried meat  (Read 3415 times)

Tom H

« on: March 10, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
I've been trading my excess meat at villages. My usual routine is to load 300 cuts on my small cow. Many times now I've carried 300 over to the cow, dropped it and pushed the 300 cuts onto the cow. Once done, it has divided the 300 into two stacks on the cow, roughly 245 and 55. No problem, so far.

However, I've found, several times, that when the cow is holding almost her max number of different items my cow receives the larger stack but not the smaller stack, and that the original stack of 300 is still whole.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »
I think the maximum "companion" stack size is 255 (the maximum unsigned byte value for those involved with computers), so the second stack should be 45 in that case. If more than 510, it splits into two max stacks and one "remainder" stack, etc. (I don't think I've had reason to go above stacks of 600, so the "etc." part is a guess).
Interesting bug, which I think would be best solved by making the "companion" stacks use the same rules as the player and ground/cellar stacks (it would also lessen the annoyance of hitting the stack count limit with light goods).