UnReal World > General Discussion

Watchdogs just watched...

(1/2) > >>

Tom H:
I have a pen (5x5) with my cattle and dogs within. A lynx saunters up while I'm finishing off a superior hide and the dogs start making warning barks. I can't stop now, right? How many superior hides do I get, right? Not enough!

So, I ignore the warnings because, surely, with 3 dogs inside, no lynx is going to try anything, right?

WRONG! I'm alerted that I hear some stumbling. You know it's coming. I finally finish the 7-hour task and, yep, a lynx has killed a cow and my 3 dogs have not a scratch on them. Well done, doggies!

So, I skin my cow and at least get that back. Next day, I buy a small cow for 150 Tasty cuts of elk. Really? That's all they cost? I return to my settlement and, Lo!, the lynx returns. I keep all my animals inside the cabin. I have shutters on every wall and can see the cocky lynx walking around my cabin, looking for another easy kill. I wonder, "Can I shoot arrows through shutters?".

Oh, yeah! I put two broadheads into the cat, crippling it, and go out and finish it with a spear. Just a crappy harsh hide, but, I don't care. Just glad that problem is dealt with.

More_tribal_interaction:
Fyi, I always try to set up on an island out in the sea, which is not accessible even in winter.

Your dogs need to be fired haha.

Ara D.:
I hear you same thing happened months back to me. Execpt it was a njerp napping in my cabin. And my home dogs were like nope nothing to report while you were gone boss

PALU:
Njerps are odd in that dogs don't react to them unless they aggro. With a lynx they'd at least pester you with barking interrupts...

I had a case where a Njerp triggered a number of my bear traps (i.e. disarming, not stumbling into them), and my character went into stealth mode and restored them. I saw something "out of the corner of my eye", and when done I saw that the bugger had passed by just a few tiles from my character, without detecting my character, and without the dog reacting. My character did eventually eliminate the bugger by the cabins, though (I think he'd stolen a number of weapons by that time).

Tom H:

--- Quote from: More_tribal_interaction on March 06, 2019, 10:28:09 AM ---Fyi, I always try to set up on an island out in the sea, which is not accessible even in winter.

Your dogs need to be fired haha.

--- End quote ---

I've explored the sea a couple times and was much put off by the long voyages between islands. I assume you chose a small one near land, because I saw Njerps spawn on larger islands.

Indeed, my dogs are no longer on my gift list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version