UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Bait order relevancy, various questions

(1/3) > >>

Tom H:
When I bait a trap with, say, meat, a turnip, and some berries, does it matter which is first/last? That is, does the prey see ALL the various baits, or does the last one placed obscure any others? I've always wondered about that.

Is there a medicinal use for roots from plants like bearpipes, dogpipes, etc? Thus far, I've just used them as vegetables in my cooking.

Re: Dried/smoked meats- I've found that the program often combines like types of prepared meats (ie: tasty smoked elk) even when the batches were prepared at different dates. I'm assuming that these combined stacks will go bad as a whole, rather than staggered as they were in their creation. Yes? Does the game consolidate ALL like types, always? When it does so, does it set the 'use by' date according to the first batch made or the last batch combined?

When I catch the flu, does it exacerbate the condition if I spend a lot of time out in the snow or rain?

I ran across a wounded adventurer in a village recently who did NOT have a quest/mission to recover an heirloom, he's just a wounded man. Can players reach a point where the missions no longer occur?

Why aren't berries considered bait for bear traps?

Ara D.:
Bear pipe is unreal coffee it will roll back some tiredness ie after eating or drinking you will go from a bit tired -> lively

PALU:
As mentioned, bear pipe and mother pipe are amphetamine analogues. It's listed on the wiki plants page.

Stacking is based on being the "same", which means they'll go stale at the same time if stacked. If you split the stack (storing it in different places), I believe the decay rolls are made separately for the stacks. This indicates that preserved meat does not follow the same decay mechanism as fresh food does. However, fish does only stack to a limited extent even during winter, when fresh meat stacks readily.

There were bugs surrounding wounded adventurers that have since been fixed, so it should be possible for an adventurer to have healed up sufficiently for the quest not to be available any longer if it's taken you some time to encounter the adventurer (rather than having a quest for an adventurer who wasn't sufficiently injured, and thus kept running around in a way that made it impossible to catch him to actually get the quest). The adventurer shouldn't give you the quest if he's going to be mobile before the quest timer expires.

You can bait bear traps with berries like any other traps, so I assume the question is rather whether berries are valid bait for bears?

Tom H:
Great replies, thanks!

Yes, I'm asking if bears will eat berries and trigger the trap.

Still wondering about whether multiple baits in a trap are all visible to the prey...

PALU:
I've tried multi baiting, and bait has been eaten. However, I haven't checked stack order, and there aren't any tools available to determine whether the prey was drawn to the trap by the bait or whether it stumbled into the trap and then ate the bait as it was available.

I've had bears eat fish (if I recall correctly: I've baited with fish in bear traps, at least, and I thing some was eaten) and meat, but I don't think I've tried berries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version