Topic: Live bait for tricky predators  (Read 4033 times)

« on: February 11, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »
Currently, foxes and lynxes and other similar predators are quite elusive and hard to trap.

Can we please have the option to capture birds and hares alive? That way, we can use live animals as the bait.

I'm sure the terrified whimpers/chirps of frightened live prey would be an almost irresistable lure to cunning predators. Using live bait would increase the chances of catching such predators, and it's more realistic. However, we would need enough food to keep the prey alive for a week or so.

We can also have the option of live bait for more aggressive animals like bears and wolves. Should make the game more exciting.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:09:43 PM »
You can live bait by trapping an animal and then surround the trap with traps targeted at your desired target, but that won't allow you to move the lures, though, nor keep them alive for an extended period of time.

Similarly, you can tie domestic animals to trees as bait and use fences and traps around the bait animals, so bear/wolf lures are already available (and they don't even die of hunger/trap injury/shock...). Note that you should take measures to avoid the predators passing through/over the fence...

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
Currently, foxes and lynxes and other similar predators are quite elusive and hard to trap.

Can we please have the option to capture birds and hares alive? That way, we can use live animals as the bait.

I'm sure the terrified whimpers/chirps of frightened live prey would be an almost irresistable lure to cunning predators. Using live bait would increase the chances of catching such predators, and it's more realistic. However, we would need enough food to keep the prey alive for a week or so.

We can also have the option of live bait for more aggressive animals like bears and wolves. Should make the game more exciting.

PALU said it already, but I confirm. This is all there already. Live baits have been option for years, their usage probably even encouraged somewhere along the lines.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything