UnReal World > Modding

Torch with no light?

<< < (2/2)

Acolyte:

--- Quote from: Privateer on January 24, 2019, 07:17:08 AM ---Like in "Quest for fire"?

--- End quote ---

That's more of a primitive lantern than what I'm talking about.

I'm looking at something more like Otzi the Iceman. He had a dried mushroom that would have contained an ember that burned for days. You keep it wrapped up in something like small piece of leather to exclude as much oxygen as you can - kinda like a miniature charcoal making process.

There are references to things like this at least into Roman times.

But if I can't, then no biggy.

- Shane

Brygun:
I think Otzi's ember carrier might be one version of the always-with-you fire starting kit.

Currently AFAIK there is no way to have tools improve the chances of starting a fire. If there was then a fire carrier/ember carrier could be made with a spoilage rating of say 30 days (or whatever research suggests). Bow drills could help improve chances too.

Then again, that is all kind of already in the ability to start fire even when playing "Naked and afraid"

Acolyte:
I though that lit torches made fire starting almost automatic? This is the mechanic I was looking to use.

- Shane

Privateer:

--- Quote from: Acolyte on January 26, 2019, 06:03:24 AM ---I though that lit torches made fire starting almost automatic? This is the mechanic I was looking to use.

- Shane

--- End quote ---

Version: 3.30
Released: Feb-24-2016
- added: carrying lit torch or having a fire in adjacent tile helps to build a fire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version