UnReal World > Suggestions

How come I can burn down forests while it's raining?

(1/3) > >>

More_tribal_interaction:
I was trying to burn down the forest when it started raining. Granted it was light rain but to my surprise the fires still spread to adjacent tiles successfully.

Shouldn't the rain suppress the fires and stop them spreading?

Brygun:

--- Quote from: More_tribal_interaction on January 24, 2019, 02:21:32 AM ---I was trying to burn down the forest when it started raining.

--- End quote ---

I bet you swear it was for agriculture!  ;)

More_tribal_interaction:
I'm trying to see if it is actually possible to modify the tile from forest to open ground after burning down the entire forest...

Anyone else tried this b4?

Signatus:
Fires can definitely rage in the rain. I believe the California fires weren't stopped by the rain. There was a wildfire in Canada a few years ago, I think, which took years to put out. If big enough, a bit of rainwater won't be enough to kill it. I think rain does affect how long the fires stay lit, but I'm not sure about that.

I think I read somewhere that you might be able to deforest a tile until it becomes Ground, but again, I might be wrong. I'm willing to bet it's just hardcoded.

Brygun:
It might also matter on how the zoom out map works. If it generates its tile x/y is Z only at world creation then its not going to affect the zoomed out map. I suspect that is how it works mostly on a guess that was the easier to code many years ago before modding was a consideration.

Clearing a forest to ground could be used to improve zoomed out sight lines. For that to work the zoomed out map tile data would need to be updated each time you went to the map and moved on it. This is less likely to have been considered years ago.

Changing the tile tap to say "ground" would be noticed by recipe calls (at least I think so). Currently there aren't ones coming to mind that want the 100x100(?) map tile to be Ground. There are a few looking for the 2x2m square to be "ground". There are some that look for the 100x100 to be "mire" such as the bog ore recipe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version