UnReal World > General Discussion

How to survive (maybe) wolves

(1/3) > >>

Ara D.:
I'll admit I take foolish chances but I've survived a couple of wolf packs now so here is my tips on how up your odds of survival. Firstly pray for lluck. Second wolves like to hit a run so you have to work with that. Wait for the wolves to come to you. Check behind you often, number1 on the number pad rotates you 180°. Attack the lead wolf usually once hurt it will run. Do Not Chase it. Instead look around and see if another wolf is rushing you. Basically you are going to bounce the wolves off of you. As one flees the others tend to re agro and come back. Keep your head on a swivel.  And use the enter to key to check if they're still near by  If you can get a solid object, trees big rocks, behind you great do it. With luck you can turn their hit and run tactics to your advantage and only have to fight one at a time. Lastly pray for luck

PALU:
While I haven't done much wolf fighting (and several cases have been fatal), I agree with the logic. Look out and move to a position where you at least have your back free, and ideally have cover to the sides as well, so they can attack only from the visual cone.
Two other important aspects to fighting in general is to wear as much armor as you can while keeping the encumbrance at the minimum to lower the rate of fatigue gain (two contradictory goal, of course, so a balance must be struck).

My best advice regarding fighting wolf packs, though, is: don't, unless you're forced to (or actively want to take chances).

Signatus:
Is the 180° turn usually on the numpad 1? Mine is on the pgdown key.

Even with strong OP characters my usual course of action when I bump into a wolf pack is a) press H to start hiding, b) walk backwards until able to zoom out.

Two or three is manageable, but 7 or 8 is too much unless you manage to kill a few of them off quickly. They can easily flank you and attack from behind or just leave you with no escape

Edico:
Yeah wolves really are too dangerous to mess around with, at least if you value your characters life.  One problem is that you never know exactly how many wolves there are, where they're hiding or if they've left you alone.  I tend to engage them only by leaving traps and waiting until it dies to butcher.

Ara D.:
On my standard American PC keyboard The 180° is the 1 key board n the number pad num lock off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version