UnReal World > Gameplay questions

How exactly to make elk leather

<< < (2/7) > >>

Saiko Kila:
Skis don't use leather, they use exclusively furs. Additionally they are hard to make (use Carpentry), and it's possible the first effort will make poor quality ones, so probably more fur is needed to make decent skis.

Ski pole yes, I would add grainflail, but both of them can be made only once and there's no need for more. Maybe they can be remade later with better quality. There's also a skin (container), but it's practically worthless, given you can buy bags and birch-boxes, or make bowls.

The real reason for acquiring of leather may be repairing stuff: it takes as much leather as is missing from the clothing, plus 3% of base weight. I use most of leather this way. Also sometimes you just can't find boots, so have to make them yourself.

JEB Davis:
Leather armor is valuable (especially if you roleplay) for the summer. A layer of leather underneath mail or lamellar for example. While I know there are not penalties in-game for wearing fur when it's hot, there will be when Sami implements heat penalties.

Also, leather skins for water are great because who would carry a wooden bowl full of water as they tramp through the wilderness? Again... realism / roleplay versus what game mechanics allow.

Tom H:

--- Quote from: Saiko Kila on January 22, 2019, 09:09:54 AM ---Skis don't use leather, they use exclusively furs. Additionally they are hard to make (use Carpentry), and it's possible the first effort will make poor quality ones, so probably more fur is needed to make decent skis.

Ski pole yes, I would add grainflail, but both of them can be made only once and there's no need for more. Maybe they can be remade later with better quality. There's also a skin (container), but it's practically worthless, given you can buy bags and birch-boxes, or make bowls.

The real reason for acquiring of leather may be repairing stuff: it takes as much leather as is missing from the clothing, plus 3% of base weight. I use most of leather this way. Also sometimes you just can't find boots, so have to make them yourself.

--- End quote ---

Saiko- Yep. I forgot that skis require furs- AGAIN! I actually have a thread here, somewhere, where I was reminded that skis need furs to make them. (sigh) It's just that I make them so seldom. And, I saw a thread somewhere that said the quality of skis and ski sticks has no bearing on your movement speed, so, that detracts from the desire to make more of them. Likewise, the villagers will discriminate some about the quality but, overall, they think everything I make is of little value. It's kind of strange, really. I cannot make, for instance, a Masterwork Staff, but the villagers will trade me their's for a few scraps of dried meat. So, If I could make them, they'd be worthless, regardless of their quality.

More_tribal_interaction:
I got my answer. Thanks for contribution.

So just dehair once after cleaning skin. The rest of the steps are the same.

I consider this matter closed.

Atm, leather is used for armour, skins for water (can't carry bowls of water for travelling), leather ropes, and very specific tools that u normally only make one copy of.

PALU:
And you tend to get huge piles of bird leather, so there's no reason to dehair furry animals except for role playing reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version