UnReal World > Bug reports

Are forest reindeer supposed to be afraid of escaping into water?

(1/2) > >>

More_tribal_interaction:
Unsure if it's a bug. Met a herd of forest reindeer that included 2 calves, chased them into mire terrain, with lots of pools of water. Isolated one doe and one calf at a curved piece of land that was almost fully surrounded by water. The 2 animals didn't run across the short stretch of water to the other side. I remember in a previous patch, the animal behaviour was changed so that they could escape across water, to make hunting more challenging.

Is it because the calf couldn't cross the water body? But it wasn't a large river, just a pool of water in a mire.

Anyone else notice this? What about other animals like elks?

Ara D.:
I have not seen deer elk or other herbivores cross water to escape. I have seen wolves when aggressive cross water to attack me. I educated guess is things will cross water when aggressive to attack, but not when fleeing.  All animals seem to be able and willing to cross ice

More_tribal_interaction:
Well then so it's not just me. I definitely remember in a previous version animals like elk had been modified to escape into water when pursued by the player. I don't remember if forest reindeer were supposed to have been modified to escape into water too. Anyway, can Sami comment on this? Are the animals supposed to escape into water or not? That's definitely what a real life animal would do (refer to National geog documentaries etc).

Also, referring to a previous post, why are there bull elks but no bull forest reindeer?

Signatus:
Both male and female reindeers grow antlers, while only male elks do. I think I read on a changelog that there were no more reindeer stags, and the distinction between male and female reindeer was no longer made, but I might be wrong

JEB Davis:
I think you're right, Signatus. Probably because for purposes of food, hides, and antlers there is no difference between male & female in the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version