Topic: construction time  (Read 4621 times)

Ara D.

« on: December 29, 2018, 09:59:32 PM »
I started a shelter to see how long it would take to build with a Battle axe, at 49 minutes I decided it was too long. I paused construction picked up my hand axe and resumed building. The game said you use hand axe but it still is taking hours to build a shelter. it feels like the original build time with battle axe is locked in even though I now have proper tool. I am still using 3.51

Signatus

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
Don't just any axes work to make a shelter? Maybe the issue is your building skill. Here's the Shelter's recipe:

.Shelter. [effort:2] [phys:arms,stance,one-armed] -S- *BUILDING* /30/      %30%
{Cutting weapon} <Axe>
{Slender trunk} (3) [remove] [ground]
{Spruce twig} (20) [remove] [ground]

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 04:31:35 AM »
No the preferred tool is a hand axe a battle axe is an akward tool for this. Plus the difference is about 3 hours  vrs 30 minutes with the same character.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 04:36:57 AM »
The build queue for the shelter was set when started. Pausing and changing tool just continues queue length.
Dismantling and starting new with better tool obviously helped.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:26:27 AM »
Most tasks make a success roll to determine how long it takes to perform it, and the roll is made based on skill and the tools used (including their quality). This means that you'd have to perform the same task many times for each set of tools to get some kind of average (and you'd have to discard the save and restore a backup between the test runs to block skill increases from affecting the results).

Taking tool changes into consideration when resuming paused jobs would open the field for player abuse by pausing tasks that got a bad roll and pause/resume it until you get a good result.

Ara D.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »
Ok thanks for the explanations. I can live with this ingame limitation, you have to give Sami and Errka cedit for making a game with so few of these minor limitations. They have done so much with so little resources.