Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336913 times)

Brygun

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
Switching from "Club" to "Sesta" for some of the tools like Auger, Drill and pliers

Sesta isnt used much, espically by advanced tool users, so should have less complications. By time you are making those tools you likely already have or  will make a paddle thats better than a sesta.

It will also avoid the comical fights of parrying with augers.

Brygun

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Lumber getting a way to bundle and unbundle 100 branches, really as a housekeeping tool to reduce item counts.

Brygun

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2018, 12:11:19 AM »
Lumber getting spruce mat of 20 spruce twigs which you can take apart. This is the same number as needed to make a shelter.

I  thought about changing the vanilla shelter to use a spruce mat but declined as new players could get stuck.

The spruce mat is quick to assemble and take apart for handling that amount. It also works for RP for those wanting floor coverings.

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2018, 12:13:26 AM »
So is there a mushroom truetile in the mod or in vanilla?

Here's that Flax truetile if it wasn't already added:

EDIT: looking through the truetiles and truegfx i can't find mushrooms. I swear when i first started playing i saw them, back before i started using this mod. I think i was using the sufficiency mod, looking through it I can't find the tile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:28:04 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2018, 12:59:13 AM »
Update

I had missed all the flora graphics which KKarlssoNN was instrumental in detecting. They are now in the graphics folder. If you had those graphics already you wouldn't have known they were missing.

Pine resin for pitch glue adjusted as pine resin is now 10 minutes per resin not 10 minutes for 5 resin. 5 resin now takes 50 min. This is mostly strolling the woods to find it.

I also added an experiment to make a hunting horn out of a pair of elk antlers. I was in the processing getting pine tar for pitch glue in its recipe when the rather major bug of missing many flora graphics was detected. Hunting horn still to be tested.

Tools got a drill (as mentioned) and pliers (meant for later mail armor making).

Other updates as listed in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:04:25 AM by Brygun »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2018, 01:01:22 AM »
I looked at "flora_mushrooms.txt" and it refers to TILEGFX ex:

.Black ear mushroom.        (3)  :110:    [mushroom]
[TILEGFX:shr-blkear]

I looked in the game truegfx and i cann't find a ex:shr-blkear anywhere.

Mushrooms are vanilla so i don't know why there not showing up in game maybe i messed something up with my backup when i was installing mods. Or maybe its cause a older character had a higher herblore than my current.

EDIT: found them in truetile nevermind :-[

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:21:56 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2018, 01:09:54 AM »
Its an old recipe if it has hte :###: in it like that. PRobably a vanilla.

I know in my game Im seeing mushrooms.

Attached is mushroom tiles from my unreal directory.

>This is not a BAC upload<

This is just for KKarlsoNN

(unless others have the same issue)

Brygun

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2018, 01:11:49 AM »
I need an upload for the pinetar graphic

fw-resin

I am guessing fw is Finn Wolf and I never used his mod so have none of his graphics on hand save what you guys send me.

Brygun

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2018, 01:15:33 AM »
Pine tar, pitch glue rebalance

10 minutes to find #0.5# with a patch of 60 minutes getting #3#

1 pitch glue from #3# pine tar

Brygun

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2018, 02:27:36 AM »
WARNING

Crash occurred when attempting to make the hunting horn recipe being tested. Do not attempt it without a recent save!

Matter is under investigation.

Brygun

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
Update with fix.

It was found the recipe had the wrong end bracket so the { } didn't match

Signatus

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2018, 03:36:55 AM »
I just noticed that .Shelter. is derived from "Punt shelter". I dpubt that will work.

Would it be possible to do it the other way around? A .Punt shelter. "Shelter"?

Privateer

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2018, 05:14:24 AM »
I just noticed that .Shelter. is derived from "Punt shelter". I dpubt that will work.

I believe that with the usage above the shelter will be "named" punt shelter.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Signatus

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 06:21:14 AM »

I believe that with the usage above the shelter will be "named" punt shelter.

You are absolutely right, I just tested it! Interestingly, the building remembers which objects were used to make it, even if the punt shelter recipe is commented out, but will only be called "Punt shelter" in the menu. Too bad that we can't add new buildings by using the existing ones as a base, since that would open up some interesting possibilities

Edit: For good measure: I tested my proposed .Punt shelter. "Shelter" and it didn't even appear on the menu. Not doable, unfortunately
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:26:52 AM by Signatus »

Signatus

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »
Brygun, I did some extra testing regarding whether or not the adze axe was being asked as the preferred axe for the punt-making steps, and it doesn't seem like it works at all for custom tools. Here's the code I was using to test:

Code: [Select]
.Punt. [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COMMON* /1/ [noquality]
{Rock} [noquality]
//{Knife} <Draw knife>
//{Axe} <Adze axe>
{Draw knife} <Hunting knife>

Neither the commented-out knife nor the axe asked for any preferable tool. By contrast, the last line did mention the hunting knife as a preferred tool but decided to use the draw knife in my inventory in spite of the masterwork hunting knife being carried as well. {Cutting weapon} rather than knife or axe also didn't work. It seems that custom tools are just not accepted in that field?

This is unfortunate, since it means we'll have to force the use of those tools or otherwise ask the player to roleplay it. The effect of using an inadequate tool is also lost.

anything