Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336800 times)

Brygun

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
Looking at "B_B Dec 2018" there's more tiles. They seemed light in current version. Also, I remember I had a GFX tile from that sufficiency mod, not sure if i was using it or not.

Woooops

I think I was in Brygun_add mode vs BAC mode

BAC does need all the Bouidda tilesets

All Bouidda tiles added

Hard to know if I missed a special selection so I hope they are all there.

AFAIK any missing tiles for carried items wont cause critical errors

JEB Davis

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 06:01:18 PM »
Pardon my absence I was assaulted yesterday and am pressing charges. A bit woogly today.
Dang!    Are you okay?

Brygun

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
Doesn't seem like Roads and the well are,

Management of biy_XXX improved by having multiple boff_biy_BAC_alt_#.txt files which user manually turns on or off (by removing or restoring the boff_ portion of the name).

Road included in building menu

Brygun

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
re: cookery -
Is it redundant to have "Dry meat soup" and "Smoked meat soup", when the Njerp cooking mod already includes Borsch and Goulash?  Borsch is basically dry meat soup, and Goulash is basically Smoked meat soup, just with more options.

I think this community mod is a great idea, by the way.

(etc etc)

Smoked meat and dried meat soup have different meat lines. The dried meat soup would not allow you to use smoked meat and vice versa. Just made sense to duplicate them with the one recipe line changed.

As for goulash I haven't tried it out yet so it might be more expansive. If you have the extra ingredients it would certainly seem like a Goulash. however if all you have is dried/smoked meat then its just a soup isn't it?  ???

Either way I don't see to much risk of needing more line entries within the cookery menus at this point so I'm inclined to leave both dried/smoke meat soup in.

>>>

= Broadhead arrow duplication removed

= Knife handle pieces moved to diy_BAC_boneworking.txt

= Root rope skill *SURVIVAL* changed to *COMMON*

= Short quarter log base object fix from "Block" to "Block of wood"

= diy_BAC_Bowying double list fixed

= Carpentry naming alternate tubs aka cask, keg, barrel is WIP as the keg and barrel are behaving oddly. It intend is a good idea to consider using {* tub} and {* tub of water} in other recipes. I will had it to the unresolved. Note this is also pending sorting out the keg/barrel bug:

= "Just made a Keg-style tub, and its weight was 3 lbs. What the hell? o.O "
And now you see why I was banging my head for a few days.

= Fix for cask etc of {* pot} to {*pot} done. Space interferes more than one would first think.

Brygun

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

I noticed you didn't include the pine tar gathering and glue-making... from my testing it seemed unbalanced (much easier to use birch-bark), but I'm wondering if it could be balanced somehow. Is pine tar or resin usable as glue on its own? Maybe being able to let it collect the resin for a few days or more but then get usable {*glue}, except perhaps for some more specific/complex projects which would require proper pitch glue? It feels like resin should be a low-tech way to get some glue-y material, which could be balanced by the preparation time collecting it.

Missed that. Hadn't used your version yet. The matter is open to discussion and feedback. So long as the glue comes out to a {*glue} recipe things should be okay with being grabbed.

Currently the pitch glue is used in BAC as a self made glue with

#1# pitch glue = glue
#1# glue #1# branch = caulking
#1# glue #3# water = paint that dries to #2#

All need heating at about 1 firewood per hour

Brygun

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 07:51:04 PM »
Next version of BAC relesed

Updates include the last several posts by Brygun based on community feedback, finds and requests

biy_ handling changed a little so I suggest erasing/storing (biy*) (b as in bumblebee) from your Unreal World directory before install.

Possible other source of glue is still an open for discussion issue.

Readme_BAC_unresolved now explains some issues and decisions.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:54:01 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »
oh...

HOORAY FOR A CLINKERED PUNT GOT BUILT! WOOOOOOO!!

Brygun

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
Re the "{Knife} <Draw knife>"  issue there is no [ground] command so the draw knife needs to be in your inventory.

For the "preferably" not showing im not sure. Does preferably only work with vanilla objects? this is why I asked to test is {Axe} "Adze axe" comes up with preferable as the adze is a modded in item.

Brygun

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 08:48:20 PM »
Pardon my absence I was assaulted yesterday and am pressing charges. A bit woogly today.
Dang!    Are you okay?

I regret not having enough injuries to be visible for police to charge him right away. You would think a blow hard dominated screaming "Crazy Russian" as the staff call him would have muscle to back up his mouth. Police are looking to get the witness testimony to charge him and remove him the area.

Only part that really hurts is my toe where he stomped on it. It hurts because he was fat!

Brygun

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »
To communicate and co-ordinate adding to the mod set Readme BAC upcoming.txt which lists our various short and long term goals.

Brygun

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »
Regarding rename recipes to use {*tub} or {*wooden tub} there are now clay containers that can also hold water. {*tub} allows both clay and wooden containers to hold the water for say smithing.

Brygun

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 09:48:24 PM »
To Signatus:

Can you please post in this thread the various recipes for your alternate {*glue} material. It will ease us all taking a look at it. Please suggest which menu to fit it into.  ;)

Signatus

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 09:59:43 PM »

Damn, that sucks! I hope you're doing better

I regret not having enough injuries

Lol, said no one ever, or so I thought!

Only part that really hurts is my toe where he stomped on it. It hurts because he was fat!

Note to the devs: fat characters should deal more Kicking damage  ;D ;D ;D it's not just Sami getting injured in the name of science!

Re the "{Knife} <Draw knife>"  issue there is no [ground] command so the draw knife needs to be in your inventory.

You sure? I was dropping everything to build it, and some options don't require that tag, I think

For the "preferably" not showing im not sure. Does preferably only work with vanilla objects? this is why I asked to test is {Axe} "Adze axe" comes up with preferable as the adze is a modded in item.

I'm pretty sure the Adze axe was being asked as a preferable tool, but I can test it later. Can the asterisk be used on that field? For instance <Draw *>, just in case

however if all you have is dried/smoked meat then its just a soup isn't it?

I think those soups require vegetables as well, though. Not a big deal, really, but there's that. I'll test today if I can make goulash with a simple campfire

So long as the glue comes out to a {*glue} recipe things should be okay with being grabbed.

That's easy, it could just be called resin glue or pine tar glue. Some research is in order to understand how much one would need and details on the process. It is also possible to make pitch glue from it, I'm sure, but I don't know if it's an important distinction or if resin can be used in place of pitch glue in all projects.

However, it makes sense that you could use resin to make a Stone hammer or Caulking, no? This would make it ppssible to acquire glue without a pot, even if taking longer. Tapping the tree has to be roleplayed tho!

To Signatus:

Can you please post in this thread the various recipes for your alternate {*glue} material. It will ease us all taking a look at it. Please suggest which menu to fit it into.  ;)

If you can find the files I attached previously, it's in the zz_glossary under the Lumber menu. It was pretty simple though, and inefficient. Pine tar was collected 0.1 lb (or 0.5?) at a time based on some other mod and the pitch glue from tar recipe used the #5# requirement of the birch-bark one

By the way, is a birch-bark lace supposed to be the standard way to get birch-bark?

Brygun

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 10:51:57 PM »
to Jeb or others,

Can you repost Jeb's lamellar armor recipe list from the old thread?

I'd also like to add to it at least iron helm and maybe iron spectacle helm if someone has a recipe for those to toss into the mix.

Maybe steel elbow and knee guards of
{*steel billet} #??#
{*cord} (2)

An expanded list of lamellar armor pieces would be cool.

IT does need at least a "sheet of lamellar" which can be made from raw materials and another recipe to cut it out of existing armor.

Brygun

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »
Cookery:

Dried meat soup
Smoked meat soup

Vegetables are now an optional item. Seasoning is already optional. Basically you boil the meat to restore its moisture and maybe add other stuff.

The goulash etc are a baked dish.

////

working on biy_ items some more