Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336832 times)

StefanPravda

« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »
Quick question. I am trying to edit one item so I can see if I can use a negative weight to simulate a bull harness that makes it able to carry more logs. But, big but. Most of the settings I modify don't translate into the game.

I started with this:
.Birch-bark basket. [effort:1]  [phys:hands,one-armed] [assist:1] *CARPENTRY*  /5h/ [assist:2]         
{Birch-bark strip}   =60=   [remove]
{Knife} 

When I rename it to
.Birch-bark harness. [effort:1]  [phys:hands,one-armed] [assist:1] *CARPENTRY*  /5h/ [assist:2] 
it doesn't appear in the menu anymore. - https://prnt.sc/r5x43g

Moreover, adding
[WEIGHT:10]
under the {Knife} doesn't change the weight, no matter what weight I write, it's still 1lb.

Could someone help please? Thank you.

If I change the required material, or the number of items produced, it works fine. But renaming the item or adding weight doesn't work at all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:36:27 PM by StefanPravda »

Privateer

« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2020, 11:36:47 PM »
 To rename .Birch-bark basket.
Use:
Code: [Select]
.Birch-bark harness. "Birch-bark basket" [effort:1]  [phys:hands,one-armed] [assist:1] *CARPENTRY*  /5h/ [assist:2]
Since Birch-bark harness is not an in game item, the menu option does not appear.
Adding the in game item in quotes should resolve this.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:38:23 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

StefanPravda

« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2020, 11:49:02 PM »
Thank you.

StefanPravda

« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2020, 12:31:37 AM »
Solved the bull harness issue too. Using "Branch" allows me to give negative weight, so the bulls can carry more.
.Bull harness. "Branch" [effort:1]  [phys:hands,one-armed] [assist:1] *CARPENTRY*  /1m/ [assist:2]         
{branch}   (1)   [remove]
{Knife}
[WEIGHT:-1000]                    - if you use more than -1000, when you drop the item you still end up with negative weight for some reason.

Replace branch material with whatever you want, this was a test item.

Thanks to everyone, including @Night who edited character.obj and gave me 3 bull harnesses giving me -15k weight :D As I said on discord, he reversed gravity. https://prnt.sc/r5xmss
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 12:56:54 AM by StefanPravda »

Brygun

« Reply #439 on: February 25, 2020, 09:50:21 PM »
Is it my really bad luck or is it really unlikly to find cliffs and mountain in mire terrain? I would like to scoop ore in lakes but i play a minimal start and got no axe and without a better axe then stone axe i cant make a raft. so no access to lake ore. q.q  and i need ore to make a better axe. XD is there something i can see the mire terrain better on the map?  And bevor someone say, i should buy an new axe, no i waaant to make this without buying. ^~^

Good well be where in the world you are. There are way more cliffs to the north than in the south. If staying in the south or on the islands there isn't going to be as much luck.

The lake ore thing surprised me but research did find it out to be true. There is so much iron in Finland that it does tend to naturally pool in lakes in ways similar to the bacteria that collect the iron in the mires.

Brygun

« Reply #440 on: February 25, 2020, 09:52:09 PM »
Quick question. I am trying to edit one item so I can see if I can use a negative weight to simulate a bull harness that makes it able to carry more logs. But, big but. Most of the settings I modify don't translate into the game.

While a supporter of modding and learning modding if the item is not a BAC item I would prefer if people started a new thread for a new item rather than debugging already BAC'd items.

StefanPravda

« Reply #441 on: February 25, 2020, 09:57:24 PM »
Sorry, but I thought the issue is BAC related, else I'd have opened a new thread. Since I have pretty limited modding skills I wasn't sure what was wrong.

Brygun

« Reply #442 on: February 26, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
Welcome to modding, in a way learning a second language.

Little hiccups like this happen in life. If I didnt say something there might be a lot more dropped in.

BAC itself only exists because myself and other modders got helped along. After all we were all once newborn and naked.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #443 on: February 26, 2020, 09:19:25 PM »
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide - this should be added to the OP so people can see it and contribute if they want to.

The following has been added to the OP

A wiki has been setup to help people navigate the many options. It is at:
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide

Wiki is definitely good for maintaining and keeping stuff updated and accessible, but I'm not sure if UnReal World wiki is the place for it.

Before getting too much unique mod related pages twisted in there it's probably worthwhile to consider if setting up a designated BAC mod wiki would be the way to go.
That's a path many mods choose, within many games.

If all (or even the few advanced) mods would have all their pages set up within the game Wiki it would end up in horrible confusing mess where it would be hard to figure things out and where page names would occasionally fight over each others, and newcomers putting in searches would get confused with the results.
UnReal World wiki naturally needs to be reserved for UnReal World and we have to avoid things that need may need extensive cleaning, renaming, and re-arranging on the long run.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Brygun

« Reply #444 on: February 26, 2020, 10:55:49 PM »
I can certainly see Saami's point.

What if its a change to a vanilla recipe like "Stone hammer"? BAC has a version. Other modders might well have their own.

A search of unreal Wiki could confuse a user as to what their vanilla game is using.

In general I support having info on the BAC out there "somewhere" but Im don't have the mind share in life to manage the BAC wiki. It has my general blessing. If an issue comes up I could be reached to discuss otherwise I learned in life to let other farmers grow the rice while I grow the potatoes.

ineedcords

« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2020, 01:06:39 AM »
I can certainly see Saami's point.

What if its a change to a vanilla recipe like "Stone hammer"? BAC has a version. Other modders might well have their own.

A search of unreal Wiki could confuse a user as to what their vanilla game is using.

In general I support having info on the BAC out there "somewhere" but Im don't have the mind share in life to manage the BAC wiki. It has my general blessing. If an issue comes up I could be reached to discuss otherwise I learned in life to let other farmers grow the rice while I grow the potatoes.
Probably best to set up a new wiki indeed.
As for software, I would recommend tiki wiki as the free open source wiki software (rather than MediaWiki which is what Wikipedia and URW uses). It has a lot of stuff built-in, more convenient, easy to use.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Tinker

« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2020, 10:22:57 AM »
Despite having created several pages for the BAC mod, all identified with a BAC prefix, I was coming to the same conclusion, mainly because the urw wiki is broken. I have started a new one, initially on my local system so I can then upload a working framework once the outlines are sorted.

Brygun

« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2020, 11:57:26 PM »
3.62 update should be fine for the current BAC. There was nothing in the notes from Saami of changing recipes. Also the time and date stamps on the glossaries doesnt seem to have changed for me.

If an error does pop up do let us know here.

BirdiesGrimm

« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2020, 05:45:40 AM »
Oddly, even when I dig the pit in the right area (lake) the game doesn't register that I'm standing in a pit. I've tried at multiple locations, any ideas?

Roheline

« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2020, 06:36:47 AM »
I'm running an older version of Buoidda's mod, but I had the same issue when attempting to dig clay. I updated the line referring to having a pit nearby to this:
{[NEARBY_TILE:Hole in the ground]}      'Pit for digging clay'

And now mine works!

anything