Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336866 times)

StefanPravda

« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2020, 10:31:57 AM »
Well, then @Brygun should say how should we do it. A wiki will also help him to maintain the mod.

Tinker

« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »
I jumped in and created a page on the unreal wiki, I updated Bryguns mod on the mod list to point to this thread and the new page. No details added yet.

StefanPravda

« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
Next step, we need a team leader to assign tasks. Who does what files. And a format we should follow, a template. Also we need somekind of online management tool where we can add what we did so we don't do the same things twice. A collaboration tool.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:32:50 AM by StefanPravda »

Tinker

« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2020, 12:23:07 PM »
Mediawiki provides management tools. I created a talk page at http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?
Templates are no problem, several exist already.

StefanPravda

« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
I have no idea how does Talk work on the wiki page :)) I just edited the page.
EDIT: It seems you can add your signature when editing pages, and the signature automatically adds timestamp too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:35:03 PM by StefanPravda »

Tinker

« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »
Yes everything wiki is just editing pages, 4 ~'s add signature and time stamp, you can use other numbers to add just your name or just the time. Check the wiki guide page on the wiki home for other formatting commands, or media wiki for a fuller guide.

StefanPravda

« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »
One thing the wiki discussion doesn't have is notifications, which complicates a bit things. Can we set something up for notifications?

StefanPravda

« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2020, 12:47:49 PM »
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide - this should be added to the OP so people can see it and contribute if they want to.

marginoferror

« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
Question: what's a good way to improve your carpentry skill with BAC? I'm having a devil of a time increasing it no matter what I do, to the point where I'm wondering if the actions I'm taking like whittling blocks and making figurines out of them don't even train the skill at all. But it's such a hard skill to increase normally that I'm not sure.

Brygun

« Reply #429 on: February 18, 2020, 03:53:25 PM »
You are on the right track.

I checked the recipes under Carpentry including the whittling. There is no code calls to the "skill advancement" modifier so they should all progress "normally".

How well a character progress in a skill will depend on their attributes. Look to the + signs next to the skill. +++ skills go up quick. Your character in question might be just a + or no marker meaning they will learn Carpentry slower.

IIRC it was something like dexterity for finger working skills like carpentry.

Brygun

« Reply #430 on: February 18, 2020, 03:56:13 PM »
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide - this should be added to the OP so people can see it and contribute if they want to.

The following has been added to the OP

A wiki has been setup to help people navigate the many options. It is at:
http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide

:)

marginoferror

« Reply #431 on: February 18, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »

I checked the recipes under Carpentry including the whittling. There is no code calls to the "skill advancement" modifier so they should all progress "normally".

So from this it sounds like if a mod recipe uses Carpentry skill, I can assume it will train Carpentry more or less proportional to the amount of time I spend on it, and this isn't something modders have to specify as it's the default. Thank you, I will keep at it.

Brygun

« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2020, 09:09:40 PM »

So from this it sounds like if a mod recipe uses Carpentry skill, I can assume it will train Carpentry more or less proportional to the amount of time I spend on it, and this isn't something modders have to specify as it's the default. Thank you, I will keep at it.

Unless a modder adds the code to the recipe to change the skill gain rate it is at the default.

The ones I checked didnt seem to have that modifier listed.

>>>>>

On the Wiki:

I like the idea. I dont have experience with making it and am pretty open to letting someone else organize that.

The actual recipes may change over time.

It might be helpful perhaps for some of the more complex items like the boats or furniture to explain the production chain.

A list of how to get an iron piece starting with ore would surely help new players. Same with clay.

StefanPravda

« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2020, 10:43:08 PM »
It might be helpful perhaps for some of the more complex items like the boats or furniture to explain the production chain.
Definitely this after the basics are done.

Kitsune

« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
Is it my really bad luck or is it really unlikly to find cliffs and mountain in mire terrain? I would like to scoop ore in lakes but i play a minimal start and got no axe and without a better axe then stone axe i cant make a raft. so no access to lake ore. q.q  and i need ore to make a better axe. XD is there something i can see the mire terrain better on the map?  And bevor someone say, i should buy an new axe, no i waaant to make this without buying. ^~^
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:47:21 AM by Kitsune »
100% Fluff. :3