Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336760 times)

BLKCandy

« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
Iron spectacle helm has wrong setting? I finally managed to crafted iron spectacle helm but then I found that its armor level was ridiculously low and it has the animal name on its name.

Fit I tried to 'fix' it by adding the "Iron spectacle helm" to the first line which doesn't work. I had to add [ARMOUR_MATERIAL:iron] on it to get it to work.

Brygun

« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »
Iron spectacle helm has wrong setting? I finally managed to crafted iron spectacle helm but then I found that its armor level was ridiculously low and it has the animal name on its name.

Fit I tried to 'fix' it by adding the "Iron spectacle helm" to the first line which doesn't work. I had to add [ARMOUR_MATERIAL:iron] on it to get it to work.

I'll look into this. It should, if the name match up, just grab the properties of the base object.

Did the base object name get changed in an update?  ???

Brygun

« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »
Not seeing anything at all that would change the properties in the recipe.

Can you check that your diy_BAC_Armour_group_one.txt has the recipe like below?

Alternate guess is that maybe its a too many items in your homestead area bug which has done quirky things, usually a deletion, in the past.

>>>>

//Spectacle helm
.Iron spectacle helm. *CARPENTRY* %-60% /8h/ [effort:3] [phys:hands, arms] |2|
{Steel dome} [remove] [ground] '+initial frame'
{*steel billet} #2# [remove] '+add curved plates'
{Iron nails} #0.25# [remove] '+as rivets'
{Leather} #0.25# [remove] '+as suspension and head band'
{Ball iron hammer} '+hammer complex shapes'
{Pliers} '+hold while hammering at odd angles'
{*anvil*} [ground] '+to hammer on'
{Medieval drill} [ground] '+to drill rivet holes'
[PRICE:30.6]
// reference showed price 520 torches = 30.6 squirrel hide
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:15:10 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2020, 11:15:22 PM »
Additional

you can test it by temporarily changing the recipe to only require
{Rock}
and have a rock in hand. Try this 3+ wilderness tiles away from your homestead. If that goes okay then it was the overload bug.

BLKCandy

« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2020, 01:16:03 AM »
It is:

//Spectacle helm
.Iron spectacle helm. "Iron spectacle helm" *CARPENTRY* %-60% /8h/ [effort:3] [phys:hands, arms] |2|
{Steel dome} [remove] [ground] '+initial frame'
{*steel billet} #2# [remove] '+add curved plates'
{Iron nails} #0.25# [remove] '+as rivets'
{Leather} #0.25# [remove] '+as suspension and head band'
{Ball iron hammer} '+hammer complex shapes'
{Pliers} '+hold while hammering at odd angles'
{*anvil*} [ground] '+to hammer on'
{Medieval drill} [ground] '+to drill rivet holes'
[ARMOUR_MATERIAL:iron]

The bold texts are what I added. I don't really understand what happened.  It should works without those two texts. But yes, my homestead area was really packed. I would try it 'outside' later though. Will tell you how that goes.

Brygun

« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2020, 12:29:24 AM »

The bold texts are what I added. I don't really understand what happened.  It should works without those two texts. But yes, my homestead area was really packed. I would try it 'outside' later though. Will tell you how that goes.

A quick test recipe is the "cheat with a rock" method to avoid burning/needing the complex resources:

.Iron spectacle helm. *CARPENTRY* /1m/
{Rock}

your bold items might be needed back in.  Let me (and Saami) know if they are needed even in the away from home quick test.

BLKCandy

« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2020, 04:02:55 AM »
It works normally with:

//Spectacle helm
.Iron spectacle helm. *CARPENTRY* %-60% /1/ [effort:3] [phys:hands, arms] |2|
{Rock}

So it was probably my game then. Thanks for the help.

Brygun

« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
In case others run into this...

It is a thing that UrW wasn't necessarily expecting the voracious production abilities of some players. If there are too many things on a local tile (and adjoining?) things can get a bit wonky. Memory exceeding sort of thing. Saami has done things on this. Still there is a bit of useful advice:

One of the big offenders for overloading the counts is agricultural. So make sure there is a 2+ wilderness tiles gap between your homestead and the nearest field.

If you are doing a super stockpiling of something you may want to set up a storage bunker likewise 2+ wilderness tiles from the homestead and your farms.

It sometimes happens if you have mega stacks on board water craft and you enter another mega location, like the homestead, things can poof. AFAIK this has been addressed by the new coding done to how you land water vehicles.

Usually(tm) the spaced away farms is enough to avoid this.

StefanPravda

« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
This uber mod definitely needs a wiki :) Is there anything like that for it? Thanks

Brygun

« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:13 PM »
This uber mod definitely needs a wiki :) Is there anything like that for it? Thanks

No such undertaking.

Feel free to start one.  ;D

StefanPravda

« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
The thing is I have no idea what many of the things are meant to do, so not sure how helpful would it be for me to take over such a project.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:30:34 PM by StefanPravda »

Brygun

« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
The thing is I have no idea what many of the things are meant to do, so not sure how helpful would it be for me to take over such a project.

Understandable. If I've been away from it for a few months and a new bug is reported or a new base game version comes out I feel the same way. Muddling around a bit of what was the other modder trying to do and how did it get incorporated.

There are a variety of discussions in the dit_XXXX.txt files. IF you open those in say notepad you will see some items have discussion or links to youtubes etc that elaborate on the technology/survival method.

I for one was surprised at the real world varieties of making cordage. Although how many of those were being one in Iron Age Finland is hard to say. The quick organics, like twisted branches or spruce roots, are prone to deterioration over time and too cheap to have made worthy grave goods.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »
I'm not so much of a whiz with technology and I've never created a wiki page before.  However, I feel I understand the mod pretty well and I would happily contribute my knowledge if somebody else were willing to set up the wiki. 

For now, I'm also happy to answer any specific questions you may have - IE, "How do I make cordage?" "How do I smelt iron?" etc

StefanPravda

« Reply #418 on: February 15, 2020, 09:22:10 PM »
Thanks but I won't pursue such a task alone, and certainly not as commander in chief. I could help in a team, but that's it.

Tinker

« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
I agree that 'something' is needed. I spend half my time trying to find where in the menu something is, or trying to work out why would I want to create x, until some time later I find out I need x to make y.

A wiki would be suitable for users to use and add to as they see fit, and once set up it would require minimal maintenance. I have worked with several commercial style wikis as well as open source game wikis and might be able to help here if there is some consensus on the overall layout and a list of what needs to be included. It might be an idea to start a new topic for this so as not to clutter the BAC thread.