Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336684 times)

Brygun

« Reply #495 on: May 29, 2020, 02:19:29 AM »
Glad you are enjoying it.

If you can remember what the recipe with an issue was let me know. Maybe you could unzip a fresh download to a temporary directory and compare the list to what you have showing in your game. That would detect the recipe you deleted by its absence.

Brygun

Brygun

« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:56 PM »
Okay I've identified which recipe has the nail and cylinder thing.

.Pliers. "Sesta" [effort: 3] [phys:arms,hands] *CARPENTRY*  /4h/
{Iron shape} (1) [remove] [ground] '+for two gripping rods'
{*nail} #.05# [remove] [ground] '+Nail represents pivot cylinder'
{Branch} (1) [remove] [ground] '+for handles'
{*forge*}          [noquality]      'Forge or furnace'
{Charcoal}    (3)    [remove] [noquality] [ground]
{Bellows} [ground]
{*anvil*}   [ground]   'Anvil nearby'
{*hammer}   'Hammer'
{Whetstone} [ground] '+to make grooves and smooths'
{Knife} <Small knife> '+for whittling handles'
[WEIGHT:2]
[TYPE:tool]               
[PRICE: 8]
[TILEGFX:bc-forkbahd]

Looking into why it didn't work

Brygun

« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2020, 09:24:25 PM »
Update:

Fixing pliers recipe as the *nail was missing the s to be *nails

santur_bard

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2020, 10:57:45 PM »
Thanks for the fix, I have found it cool to 'level up' ore when smelting iron into steel.

Clinkered punt is complete, still generally nipping about in the leather tarp punt - Yabby fell in his home bear trap yesterday so has four fractures to tend too, sad times but a bright future.

As an aside it would be great to see any more craftable instruments (bone/horn flute, kantele/zither) ((envisioning gut strings)) and jewelry.

Brygun

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2020, 11:22:59 PM »
Thanks for the fix, I have found it cool to 'level up' ore when smelting iron into steel.

Clinkered punt is complete, still generally nipping about in the leather tarp punt - Yabby fell in his home bear trap yesterday so has four fractures to tend too, sad times but a bright future.

As an aside it would be great to see any more craftable instruments (bone/horn flute, kantele/zither) ((envisioning gut strings)) and jewelry.

If you want to suggest the recipe details feel free. Some idea of the time to take would help. I can "translate" it into the game's modding recipe language.

For music if the base item is a horn it will make a horn noise when used. AFAIK IIRC that is the only sound we can access.

One wonders if Saami will add drum making with the player able to then make drum sounds from the ritual page.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 31, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »
Brygun, hunting horn makes “a fancy noise” or “a fancy sound” so using that for other instruments isn’t immersion breaking.

Brygun

« Reply #501 on: June 01, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
Brygun, hunting horn makes “a fancy noise” or “a fancy sound” so using that for other instruments isn’t immersion breaking.

oh... didn't actually play an audio file? Maybe Im blending in other games.

>>>>

In general, if someone thinks we should add a recipe or two they can mention it preferably with some guidelines of the materials. Menu wise it would need to go into one of the existing BAC menus. Many have at least a little room. A couple are really full. The two free menu letters are "reserved" in the sense that BAC is leaving those available for users wanting to use other mods or their own custom additions.

santur_bard

« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »
I'll have a potter over the weekend to make something approaching a flute (optional materials (bone/wood)) and kantele/zither ingredients. The odd Njerp or some such  could have bought/inherited/slain for some funky stuff all the way from the Silk Road and China for all we know (xun, pipa, lyre cultural variations?):P

spnreptile

« Reply #503 on: June 13, 2020, 04:20:37 PM »
Hi, not sure if its posted here, but pine tar value should be reduced. Its way too easy to gather for it to be this valuable.

Brygun

« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »
Minor update

As per spnreptile discovered that the glue recipes had no pricing figure so were defaulting to the rather valuable rating of their base object.

Corrected their pricing to very low.

Ballhammed

« Reply #505 on: June 20, 2020, 04:02:16 AM »
Hi, when I click the download link at http://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=BAC_User_Guide
It says:
"An Error Has Occurred!"
"You are not allowed to access this section"
Am I doing something wrong?

Tinker

« Reply #506 on: June 20, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
The wiki guide was abandoned shortly after it was started, for various reasons. The link does not work from there and it points to an older version of BAC.
Easiest way to download it to use Brygun's latest link, the post above yours or more generally from the first post of this topic, which always points to the latest version.

Ballhammed

« Reply #507 on: June 20, 2020, 06:30:33 PM »
Ah ok thanks a lot I appreciate it

Brygun

« Reply #508 on: June 20, 2020, 10:13:01 PM »
Thanks Tinker for helping out.

;)

May the next pack of animals at your door be large winter hares.

Mouse1122

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2020, 01:22:53 AM »
Hi, I am very new to this mod.

Just a quick question...

I got some fistfuls of hemp leaves .. and I cant find a way how to turn hemp leaves into into just HEMP to soak it and process it?

Thank you for your time.

Also, If anyone know a good Play-through using this mod on youtube I would appreciate a link.. Just trying to learn all the new things.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:30:15 AM by Mouse1122 »