UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Best way to preserve berries long-term ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brygun:
For my own mod I added cooking berry turnovers

.Berry Turnover. (6)  *COOKERY* /30/ \60\ |-1| 
{Stone} [ground] '+baking platform'
{Flour}     #1#   [remove] [roast]
{Berries}    #1#     [remove] [roast] [naming: last word] [name:%s turnover]
{Rock} [ground] '+crush the berries'
{Water}    #.5#  [remove]
{Seasoning} #.15#  [remove] [roast] [optional]
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:1.0]
[WATER:0]
[TILEGFX:vl-bbrooch]
//From Brygun
//Sample cooking on stone video
// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkU1SJ4dNV0

Also I've put berries in containers and they seem to be coming through the winter okay. They were in a cellar at times. Some then taken out into a container (clay pot or clay amphora) and I havent seen a rotten entry yet. Possibly those in the container take the last day of all the stack as the container code can only hold a single item with rotten and useable being 2 types.

Bedlam:
Here's the dried berries from my NjerpCookery mod:

--- Code: ---.Dried berries.  (4)   *COOKERY* /10/ \6d\  %30% :151: 
{Berries}   #8#     [remove] [roast] [name:dried %s] [optional]
{Board} '+to lay out the berries in the sun'
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:5]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:180]

--- End code ---

You can paste into your cookery_glossary.txt to try it out. The berries in the first entry are marked [optional] which I feel makes it a lot more versatile in gameplay because it's not often that you have the full 8lbs of berries the recipe calls for, but making smaller batches was annoying me when I did have larger amounts of berries amasssed, because of how many keypresses it was. This way seems to be a nice compromise that no longer feels annoying, to me.

Note that you can make dried berries outta literally nothing with this recipe because of how [optional] works, it will take any amount including 0 berries. But if you do that, you quickly find out the joke will be on you, since dried berries made of thin air will have 0 nutrition value  ;D

Brygun:
Its even more outta nothing if you replace "board", which you have to work lumber to have, with "stone" as a place to dry the berries.

Acolyte:

--- Quote from: Bedlam on December 13, 2018, 04:14:03 AM ---Here's the dried berries from my NjerpCookery mod:

--- Code: ---.Dried berries.  (4)   *COOKERY* /10/ \6d\  %30% :151: 
{Berries}   #8#     [remove] [roast] [name:dried %s] [optional]
{Board} '+to lay out the berries in the sun'
[COOK_WEIGHT_DIV:5]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:180]

--- End code ---

You can paste into your cookery_glossary.txt to try it out. The berries in the first entry are marked [optional] which I feel makes it a lot more versatile in gameplay because it's not often that you have the full 8lbs of berries the recipe calls for, but making smaller batches was annoying me when I did have larger amounts of berries amasssed, because of how many keypresses it was. This way seems to be a nice compromise that no longer feels annoying, to me.

Note that you can make dried berries outta literally nothing with this recipe because of how [optional] works, it will take any amount including 0 berries. But if you do that, you quickly find out the joke will be on you, since dried berries made of thin air will have 0 nutrition value  ;D

--- End quote ---

Here's an errant thought - does the Patchwise tag apply to cooking recipes? If so, you could make batches in ..... well.... batches.  ;)

- Shane

Bedlam:
Yep there's a patchwise tag but it was bugged for cookery at the time. Not sure if fixed now or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version